Dug a gold coin on the first hole.

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Been waiting to see what this East coast storm/hurricane does. So far all it did was pull the pregnant beach sand down and bury almost everything. All the hunts for days were low target count hunts. Yesterday in two miles i got a nickel and two zinc pennies:shock: This is all the finds period from two beaches today pictured below.

Checked some beaches today. Wound up in the dry sand. First beach the first target was a 61 on the Deus ll. Out popped this Dos Pesos gold coin that was probably broken off from a set of earrings. The jewelry store by me has some custom gold coin jewelry that is pricey. If you could take two small gold coins and make earrings and sell them for $2000 would you? I would:p

Saw a possible detecting club hammering to the North of me. Where they were i had already checked a couple days ago and the detector never went off in that area. Saw a couple guys hunting low dig a couple targets. The sand down there is like quick sand right now and you get pull tabs lost a couple days ago 16" deep. I spot checked it and the pulltabs are still deep. Maybe in a couple days the beaches will improve? If not at least it should pull off some pregnant sand and increase the winter time finds. Last winter was quiet and we stayed sanded in all winter. Gold luck out there!

Attachments

• goldcoin.jpg
    goldcoin.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 846
  • goldcoin1.jpg
    goldcoin1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 829
  • goldcoin2.jpg
    goldcoin2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 836
:dingding: I think I would prefer a gold coin over a gold ring any day of the week! That's a killer find!!

Any gold coin on a beach is a rare find. Which made up for a rather bad hunt after walking a few miles. Much better than me as I only got sunglasses , an iPhone and a $93 parking ticket.

Great coin find. Haven’t seen one off the beach in some time that’s been shown at least. I’m jealous of course. Congrats

That’s cool, congrats on the unique gold!
Thanks GroundSweeper!

Nice hunting Larry, congrats on the gold and the rest. Hoping the storm rips some sand out of there for ya! :yes:
Some years when you find spark plugs it's going to be a good year. Guessing they used to use them for fishing sinkers?
Nice gold - congrats!!! :wow:
Thanks Compass! Wish i had to worry about staying up all week like you did:lol:

Killer.

One of my only two gold coins was a 1945 Dos Pesos.
I got two gold coins as well. Of course i had a couple 10k copies that don't count. My other one was a $10 gold eagle that came in as a zinc penny.

:dingding: I think I would prefer a gold coin over a gold ring any day of the week! That's a killer find!!
Thanks Felix! Gold coins are definitely a bucket lister hard to find.

Nice hunt Larry... congrats on the coin...
Thanks Craig! Luckily no rain today.

I would count that in the gold jewelry category. Not the gold "coin" category. Since that was made into recent-loss-jewelry.

I would count that in the gold jewelry category. Not the gold "coin" category. Since that was made into recent-loss-jewelry.
Not me. I would just ask myself , Is it a gold coin ? Yes or no. Bingo ! I wouldn't care about the history of how long its been buried. Or what's attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom