Traitor or Pirate? No Matter, I Got the Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had a dilemma yesterday which was a little difficult for me to decide. Low tide was after 3:30pm and the Dolphins had their opening game against the Pats at 1pm. Do I stay home, be a good fan and watch the game, or do I blow it off and go out for a hunt? Well fellow pirates, I went out for a hunt! I was in the water just after 1pm. Target amounts I feel were low for the 4.5 hours I was out there. I did hit a coin spill area that gave up 10 quarters a dime, a nickel and a penny or two. At about the 3.5 hour point in the hunt I was in between 2 sandbars when I got a signal in PP mode. I took a scoop and got a low mid-tone that sounded like foil. As I am about to get the 2nd scoop in, a young Asian girl comes up to me and asks me if I had gotten some swimming goggles. It just so happens about 10 minutes before I had eyeballed a pair on the ocean bottom. I took them out of my pocket and handed them to her. She was astonished that I had found them and thanked me. I then turned around to the mid-tone signal at hand. On my 2nd scoop, I look inside and see :dingding:. I knew immediately it was gold! It was a thin band, but I knew it was real. My 1st water gold since I came back from my trip. (I had a dry sand gold my 1st hunt out). The silver ring is marked “Daniela” with a heart and date on the inside. The artisanal bangle is unmarked but has some writing on the inside and acid tests for silver. I feel it may worth more than the gold ring if I could figure out the maker. The 1.1 gr. gold ring is marked “10K Keepsakes”. I went out on a hunt, found a gold, and the Dolphins won! Now that’s a great Sunday!! :yes:

Attachments

• 9-11-22.jpg
    9-11-22.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 664
  • 9-11-22 rings & bangle.jpg
    9-11-22 rings & bangle.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 674
  • 9-11-22 fits.jpg
    9-11-22 fits.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Nice work! Having been born in Detroit, hence a lifelong Lions' fan, l learned a long time ago (but not soon enough) not to waste nice Sunday afternoons watching them play.

Of course your mileage may vary. The Dolphins have been 16-0 while my Lions have been 0-16.

Back to the beach: when i winter in Sebring i see a mileage sign on US 27 telling me i only need to drive 150 miles to Miami. It is a temptation. What kind of parking is available near or at the beaches?

I think I like the bracelet more. Congratulations on getting the gold.

If there’s any chance that tide is taking sand off the beach, I’m taking the tide. Every time. I’ll record the game and watch it later, but I’ll never get back that low tide.

I don't often care or get impressed with silver , but that bangle is killer.

Life of a Real Pirate, choices! Nice lit-gold Felix! And a return of a non-gold item! :yes:

Cfm-ct

( Must be small gold ring week.... ) I think he watched the opening game , and hit the tott lot close to his house , half time :yes::lol::rofl2::secret: congrats on the gold :pirate:

I think I like the bracelet more. Congratulations on getting the gold.
I don't often care or get impressed with silver , but that bangle is killer.
That Bangle is very nice! Can you post more pics of it please?
Congrats on the gold Felix, and I'll say that bracelet is awesome.
Thanks gents - I cleaned the bangle up a bit with a toothbrush and Bar Keeper's Friend. I can't make out the name in the hallmark.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 531
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 531
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 533
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 528
Beually Brothers ? Anyway, Great hunt!
You sir are near genius! It's "Benally brothers" and they are well known for making high end Navajo jewelry. As I suspected, the bracelet is probably worth much more than my gold ring find! :thumbsup:

NOTE: The marks below are from other pieces of jewelry by them.

Attachments

• Important-Famous-Vintage-Native-American-Navajo-Benally-Bros-Turquoise-Sterling-Silver-Bracelet-.jpg
    Important-Famous-Vintage-Native-American-Navajo-Benally-Bros-Turquoise-Sterling-Silver-Bracelet-.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 527
  • benally-bros-navajo.jpg
    benally-bros-navajo.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom