• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My latest video digging at a 1940's Rhode Island soda bottle dump.

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
Thought you guys might like to see my new bottle digging video. I usually post metal detecting videos, but I stumbled upon a neat 1940's soda bottle dump while detecting last month. Lots of trash and broken bottles, but I did manage to find a few keepers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLMtbF4aUOI

Attachments

• bottles clean (2).jpg
    bottles clean (2).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Nice video! I remember when I could find all those Cokes, but I've cleaned out my area so much, I rarely find many anymore. I used to put the Cokes in the 24 slot Coke cases and sell 'em to the gas & petroliana crowd. That green Warwick soda and the clear Canadian Coke are cool. We almost never find the Canada Cokes in N. Indiana. In a dump of that vintage, your best finds are gonna be the Cokes, sodas and the milks. ACLs rarely survive very well. BTW keep a lookout for the red and blue ACL Pepsi's. Those (if in decent shape) sell well.

Thanks for the tip, Glasshopper1955! I've only seen one Pepsi bottle so far and the top was broken off. I guess Coke was the drink of choice around here in the 1940's! I've seen at least 10 Yacht Club ACL bottles, but all were broken. Not a rare bottle, but the label is pretty cool and would make a good addition to my collection. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• yacht club.jpg
    yacht club.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 193
Thanks, GoDeep! I know most serious bottle guys pass over 1940's dumps, but there's a lot of cool stuff in them. I once found 7 Sterling silver salt and pepper shakers in a 1940's dump a few years back, so you never know what you'll find! Happy hunting!

Thanks, GoDeep! I know most serious bottle guys pass over 1940's dumps, but there's a lot of cool stuff in them. I once found 7 Sterling silver salt and pepper shakers in a 1940's dump a few years back, so you never know what you'll find! Happy hunting!

I know THAT'S right! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom