Some unusual additions to the Royal Silver Hoard!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT came in from lunch today to find the delivery of a couple of coin-bearing packets for the RSH!

The first pic shows 3 nice Uncirculated 64 Kens.

Now KT has a soft spot in His Royal Heart for silver commemorative halves, and the US Mint has been very busy periodically making them for collectors! The 2nd package contained 4 pristine 250 Anniversary of George Washington's Birthday Proof coins, minted in 1982. They will remain in their original holders, but are missing the box and paperwork, but who cares! The coins is what is worth seeing. This has special significance to the Royal Couple because We visited the Home of G.W., set in a couple of rocking chairs on the back porch and watched over the Potomac River for a half hour and then took the house and grounds tour several years back.

The obverse shows GW in his prime mounted on his horse and the reverse shows his home. The Queen thought these examples were beautiful .....and they ARE!

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• Not CRH 08 25 2022 3 Unc 64 Kens.jpg
    Not CRH 08 25 2022 3 Unc 64 Kens.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 180
  • Not CRH 08 25 2022 4 1982S 250th Washington's Birthday Commemerative Proof halves.jpg
    Not CRH 08 25 2022 4 1982S 250th Washington's Birthday Commemerative Proof halves.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 173
Those are very beautiful coins KT. Congrats!

Royal Thanks for your comment, partyofone! KT understands the pleasure of finding nice and old coins, but some coins will never be found in this condition! :yes: As nice as some of the proof halves that KT recovered over the years while CRHing are, they all had been circulated so they are not pristine. They would make good hole fillers in a beginner’s coin collection.

Great surprise additions to the royal hoard KT !

When I attended the ANA convention in Boston in 1982, I purchased several of the G. W. Commemorative halves; UNCs and Proofs. They hadn’t appreciated much in value though, last time I checked.

set in a couple of rocking chairs on the back porch and watched over the Potomac River for a half hour

I like the backstory KT!!!, sounds like some amazing memories and now you've got some silvers to add a little to it!

I like the backstory KT!!!, sounds like some amazing memories and now you've got some silvers to add a little to it!

Yes, upon looking at these coins, memories flooded back to KT’s Royal Mind. The tour of George Washington’s home was impressive. For his time, he was exceptionally tall, and even had to have a custom bed built due to his height. When in a crowd, he was head and shoulders above everyone and instantly recognizable! The other thing KT remembers is the small out building where wine was made from vines on the property!

Back
Top Bottom