Central Mississippi

Gmoney7

Hello all,
anyone from Grenada,Tupelo, Houston areas?...... I am new to this. Just purchased my first detector, a Minelab Sovereign GT. Will be spending some time in the yard learning my new machine and it's capabilities. Not looking for a teacher(I'm fairly sharp),yet always open to advice or wisdom. Having someone around with similar interest would be enjoyable.

Anyone interested in digging up the ground with me, pm or email me.

Dave

Originally from Pearl...

wish I was back home. I would love to get out and do some md'ing with ya! i know a lot of places that would probably pay off!!

wish I was back home. I would love to get out and do some md'ing with ya! i know a lot of places that would probably pay off!!

My local area was very poor. So I don't see finding gobs of money that fell from holes in pockets. But I do see the likelyhood of some very nice civil war relics, and possibly some buried money from a few old home sites. The 200 year old Natchez trace parkway is less than a mile from me. I know a few spots here and there. Okolona had a civil war battle there, I have a few connections in that area. I see potential diggings in my future. Have much luck up your way? If you come back home sometime get in touch and we'll hit a few spots.
[email protected]

Yeah. I get some older coins on occasion up here. So many areas are limited up here and not open to md'ing. A lot of history and some farm land open, but being so close to DC, its built up a lot, more urban/suburban than anything else.

You are probably already aware of it, but definitely stay off the Trace. That will land you in jail, quick! As a matter of fact, because it is considered a National Park, you can not even have your md in the car with you just driving. It is actually against the law. Just a word of advice...

I would definitely like to meet up and do some md'ing with you. I will give you a shout when I head back down that way...later, Tom

Check 1st

My local area was very poor. So I don't see finding gobs of money that fell from holes in pockets. But I do see the likelyhood of some very nice civil war relics, and possibly some buried money from a few old home sites. The 200 year old Natchez trace parkway is less than a mile from me. I know a few spots here and there. Okolona had a civil war battle there, I have a few connections in that area. I see potential diggings in my future. Have much luck up your way? If you come back home sometime get in touch and we'll hit a few spots.
[email protected]

I found out it is illegal to hunt on the trace unless it is privately owned, make sure because if you get caught digging on state property you go to prison. The state of Mississippi doesn't allow digging or removing anything in the ground in the state of Mississippi that is owned by the state. I was told even if you have permission and the state owns it you could still go to jail, just please be sure you have permission and make sure the state doesn't own it.

want hunting partner near Jackson, Pearl

just moved to area from florida.. have whites underwater detector and garrette .. anyone near Pearl, jackson or madison want to go detecting??
THanks

I live in hattiesburg...I am picking up my first detector this week. I was planning on hitting the Trace..but apparently its illegal...that sucks cannon balls!

just moved to area from florida.. have whites underwater detector and garrette .. anyone near Pearl, jackson or madison want to go detecting??
THanks

I live in Madison, I just purchase my 1st detector and look to find a buddy that enjoy this hobby. 601-503-4054

Wil

I am in pearl river county but not afraid of drive
been here a few months from so fl and have not had much luck finding a place to hunt. drop me a IM

I am in pearl river county but not afraid of drive
been here a few months from so fl and have not had much luck finding a place to hunt. drop me a IM

I'm in Natchez MS if that is to far if not text me at 6018706336

Im from central ms! Anyone wanna tryvto get out text me or pm me 601-717-3914.

:wow::wow:I will. send me an email. [email protected]. I live in Canton MS

Hello all,
anyone from Grenada,Tupelo, Houston areas?...... I am new to this. Just purchased my first detector, a Minelab Sovereign GT. Will be spending some time in the yard learning my new machine and it's capabilities. Not looking for a teacher(I'm fairly sharp),yet always open to advice or wisdom. Having someone around with similar interest would be enjoyable.

Anyone interested in digging up the ground with me, pm or email me.

Dave

Terry, MS here. Just starting out metal detecting. Looking for some good hunting areas and hunting partners.

Raymond, Terry and Clinton have been hit hard for the past 30 years by very skilled detectorists. The kind who write books and test machines for the manufacturers. No, they do not have a yutube channel. I would be interested in a meet up if you have some valid places to detect that have not already been hit hundreds of times and where people will not bother us. It takes me 50 minutes to drive to downtown Raymond.
Just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom