• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Stealth Scoops business is for sale

Your like Kob , ya paste / post , before I can edit , well chop / chop , get at it , I am retired , your still working & need gold :yes: , don't have a stroke digging in those rocks , Nor Easter now , a good time to hit the beach , happy hunting :twister::tropical::lol:

Stop whining... I don't need gold... I do find it though, because I go hunting during the colder months... you like to hunt when its warm, I do not... I am not after fresh drops... Your hunting season is over now.... next year I will not be working as much.. maybe a day or two a week....I want to go hunting before you find all the gold.... :yes:

I am assuming this kind of work requires a fiber laser. You aren’t doing this with plasma? Sounds like they are only selling the cad design and website. A small portion of the cost here.

Last edited:
Cfm-ct reply back

( you like to hunt when its warm ) Funny you said that , the last time I hunted was winter , Ill trade you a scoop for your hot PI :lol: , don't forget , since I cant post my dog on the beach forum , that the OFF SEASON is my favorate time to hunt , with a dog , without rocks :shock: , I could care less about Gold , having a good time out with Storm hunting for the 1st time , who cares what I find , there is only two things I need for the future , A ticket to good health , and a Good woman that COOKS :laughing: , and clean's :p ;) Beachrumbum , YA Im bet your right , time will tell , however Chuck would know !

Why would someone who is retired what to start working again... I know his age... there is no way Chuck will take that back....

If your scoops are only 304 stainless and the other guy who stole Chucks Extreme scoop name uses 316 then you should discount them... :yes:

I am curious about this, Was chucks name and design stolen or were the rights rented out by its current owner who now wants to sell? Perhaps that is why the two manufactures of this type of scoop are both closing?

I am curious about this, Was chucks name and design stolen or were the rights rented out by its current owner who now wants to sell? Perhaps that is why the two manufactures of this type of scoop are both closing?

Chuck was the first to use the Extreme name on his scoops... the other guy could have chose a different name instead of copying what Chuck did... Chuck can tell you the same thing... the other guys scoops are well made as I took a friends and put it thru the paces but I was spoiled by Chucks 720i as far as weight goes...

The guy who owns it now has nothing to do with this...

Chuck was the first to use the Extreme name on his scoops... the other guy could have chose a different name instead of copying what Chuck did... Chuck can tell you the same thing... the other guys scoops are well made as I took a friends and put it thru the paces but I was spoiled by Chucks 720i as far as weight goes...

The guy who owns it now has nothing to do with this...

Thanks for the clarification, I was hoping to nab one of "the other guys" scoops but it looks like the usual stock has changed and there is no inventory.

Too busy with revolution 2

It would be very funny if Chuck picked it up again and bought it for less than he sold it to them. :lol:

I am have having too much fun building Handles. No time for scoops.

Chuck

Attachments

• 1 handles being built.jpg
    1 handles being built.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 139
How many sand scoops can any one company really sell in a year? Probably 25% of the beach metal detector sales? It just doesn't seem like a killer business. Like the ad said, if you're in the metal fabricating business then thats good because I read it as has to be an add on business to your current business. I highly doubt you'd live an opulent lifestyle just making and selling sand scoops.

Even if you're already in the metal fabricating business and have all the tools and jigs it's just not profitable enough of an item to bother with.

Customers don't understand the effort involved.

I made arrangements to meet with the owner and see if I could buy a few scoops for cheap cash figuring he didn't have many left. Boy , was I wrong. He is a very sharp business man and has $bank$. He knows about scoops and metal detecting but has never done it himself. His primary business is metal fabrication , specifically stainless steel. Doesn't appear to have a problem getting SS either. Builds and repairs all sorts of stuff for many types of businesses. He is selling the scoop business , the building itself that he owns, etc. But he also has a bigger building not far from where he lives. If not sold , he will just move all his equipment there. This guy told me he works 10-12 hours everyday , 7 days a week and is older than me. And I believe him. But this scoop business is just an offshoot and it seemed he didn't care much about it. I must have seen 80-100 scoops in various stages of development. He said he has many more at his other shop. Boxes of shafts. It was incredible. Said in the next month he will probably sell about 150 scoops. My stealth gravy deal days are over as the office gals I dealt with are no longer there. ( I wonder why , lol). Bottomline line is he was not giving me much of a cash discount so I had to pass. No room for me to make a buck. Again , he was still very nice. I would wish him luck , but he doesn't need any !

P.S... after witnessing 1st hand what I saw , it leads me to believe this is still a viable business. The complete opposite of what I had in mind. How much he makes off it , idk. Don't think he wants to deal with it IMO. More important parts of his business to deal with.

Last edited:
Cfm-ct reply back

:popcorn2: No sweat here , as you said I have enough scoops to last a life time , and complete Carbon Fiber after market shafts :laughing: while there is a demand for SCOOPS , who cares , I try to help members the best way I can , but companies who take over businesses that fail , is on them , unreal on- WHAT HAPPENED TO STEALTH SCOOPS , KOB thanks for posting the :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: news :(:holycow::wow2::hmmm: SO MUCH for the Stealth Lifetime Warranty :mad::shrug::tissue::facepalm::viking: I thought the warranty was guaranteed :(:no: from the original owner , guess not OBN , Kob , Earl , Craig , and thousands of other customers :(

:popcorn2: No sweat here , as you said I have enough scoops to last a life time , and complete Carbon Fiber after market shafts :laughing: while there is a demand for SCOOPS , who cares , I try to help members the best way I can , but companies who take over businesses that fail , is on them , unreal on- WHAT HAPPENED TO STEALTH SCOOPS , KOB thanks for posting the :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: news :(:holycow::wow2::hmmm: SO MUCH for the Stealth Lifetime Warranty :mad::shrug::tissue::facepalm::viking: I thought the warranty was guaranteed :(:no: from the original owner , guess not OBN , Kob , Earl , Craig , and thousands of other customers :(

When the new guy bought it, the warranty shifted to him... that is how it works...

The new guy changed the warranty.... probably cost him people buying scoops...

I went to his website... no mention of any warranty...

I just had my 720i welded today.. I told the guy to beef up the front of the lip which he did... he charged me $25 cash... he added stainless to the lip...

Trying to amortize the portion of overhead costs related to running a business in California.

Forgettaboutit !

Robo

I hurd it's the woke or go broke state :?: PS I also hurd there is a U Haul shortage , wait in line to get out :shock::laughing: PS Don't come to Delaware , after 30 years they want to re access , re-measure your house tring to suck every nickel & dime from you , before the housing market crashes :roll: They raised my property taxes , now this , I told the witch to haul a-- off my property :mad: My neighbor did the same :yes:

Naw, they already californicated Nevada. They're showing up on my street now, 2 families in the last 4 months.

you mean on their way to Nevada

Or Arizona. Some to Texas. But due to what just happened in Florida , I can't invision many wanting to relocate there for awile. But some areas are probably still ok.

Back
Top Bottom