Best Scoop for Great Lakes Inland Beaches?

Rok

I know nothing about metal detecting on a beach. Which one should I buy?

Is the Titanium ones worth the $

I personally would not buy Titanium. Takes an expert to weld it. Some Titanium is soft since it is mixed with aluminum. And it can be brittle at the welds. I ordered a Honey Badger to see how they hold up. Hopefully will be here in a couple weeks since i was on a waiting list. But one thing you need to consider if you dig expensive sunglasses. I have to use a wider scoop since i dig a lot of expensive sunglasses during the beach season. You use a narrow scoop you will wreck all of them. If you have a narrow scoop and you water hunt in sand that hour glasses on you its also a pain in the back side to dig fast enough to keep up. In Florida you may take 20 scoops trying to get a deep target. The powers that be decided we like white sand with no shells or rocks in it. The sand starts going through the holes underwater as soon as you lift up the scoop. Things to think about.

I’ve got an RTG Blade 7.5 for small beaches here in Wisconsin. As long as you have sand, VERY loose gravel or mud, it works great. Good for volleyball pits too. You know….sand. Not stupidly expensive and built great for my use.

I love my titanium scoop on the beach. Super lightweight and tough enough for anything I’ve thrown at it. Lucky for me I scored a beautiful Tiffany & Co. Platinum wedding band worth retail 1750. on the first day of use.

Back
Top Bottom