**Revived** Forum Member Map

Lastly, I'll do my best to keep the map up-to-date by periodically going through the list and eliminating pins for members who have been inactive on the forum for more than a year.

Well, it's hard to believe the "new" member map is over 1 year old already! I went through the list of member pins for the first time since starting the map, and unfortunately I removed 35 pins based on inactivity (folks who haven't logged in for a year or more). But we still have 164 active forum members shown on the map, and increasing!

It's been a couple of years since I went through the list of member pins, so there were a lot of inactive pins to remove (members who haven't logged in for a year or more) - this time I pulled out 87 pins and moved them to the inactive member section. But we gained back 3 pins from the inactive list, leaving 147 active forum members shown on the map!

Thanks to everyone who's participating!

Hey can you put me on the map? Knightdale, NC 27545. Looking to do land and water hunting. Thanks!

Thanks!!

Thanks For adding me!!! I really wished more people would send you the information needed, this map could essentially revolutionize the way we make friends and find digging buddies. I do however realize that a lot of guys don't want to be known or have "competition" but I say the more the merrier!!! I'd rather watch 3 friends pull awesome silver from the ground than hangout with myself find zincolns all day...:laughing:.

Below is a link to a map showing locations of other forum members who might be interested in getting together as a hunting buddy or for group hunts:

FMDF Member Map

The hope is that this map can be useful for new members looking for a mentor, veteran members who might be traveling/vacationing looking for a hunting partner, or any number of ways we might want to connect with our fellow FMDF members.

To get placed on the map, you'll need to either send me a PM or post a message to this thread. In an effort to make the map as useful as possible, let me know what type of hunting you enjoy (relic, coin shooting, beach, park, group/organized hunts, etc), the equipment you use, or any other details you'd like to add. Likewise, if you ever want your information changed or removed, contact me and I'll get it done as soon as possible.

Any long time members who were on the original map, please check to see if you are still listed - the original map got corrupted in the past and many of the original "pins" were lost. Also, I plan to be proactive with the map - as new members post their introductions, I'll greet them and offer to place them on the map. Lastly, I'll do my best to keep the map up-to-date by periodically going through the list and eliminating pins for members who have been inactive on the forum for more than a year.

Credit for the idea for this map belongs to forum member Zerosum, who initially created and maintained a similar map. I helped maintain the original map recently along with Zerosum. Unfortunately, Zerosum hasn't been active on the forum lately - since then, I could no longer control the settings for the original map, which led to several problems keeping it maintained.

Please move deteknix144 from Eldorado Hills, Ca (95762) to Saddlebrooke, AZ (85739-1440) which is north of Tucson near the northwest side of the Santa Catalina Mtns. Thank you.

Please move deteknix144 from Eldorado Hills, Ca (95762) to Saddlebrooke, AZ (85739-1440) which is north of Tucson near the northwest side of the Santa Catalina Mtns. Thank you.

Sorry this took so long deteknix! I was out of town for awhile and lost track of some things on the forum. Got you moved. Nice area you’re in now - I worked out of Marana Northwest Regional and lived near Orange Grove and Oracle for a few years in the early to mid-2000s. Still miss it sometimes!

Thanks For adding me!!! I really wished more people would send you the information needed, this map could essentially revolutionize the way we make friends and find digging buddies. I do however realize that a lot of guys don't want to be known or have "competition" but I say the more the merrier!!! I'd rather watch 3 friends pull awesome silver from the ground than hangout with myself find zincolns all day...:laughing:.

No problem C&S! Yeah, it would be nice if folks consistently provided the other stuff too, like detector used, style of hunting, etc. But no worries - I'm just happy to have anyone who wants to participate. Like you said, some folks don't want to be known, or prefer to hunt solitary which is great - honestly, I hunt by myself far more often than otherwise. But the map really is a handy tool to help members identify other folks in their area who are interested in hunting with others. I travel for work quite a bit, and the map makes it easy to see if other forum members are nearby who might be willing to meet for a hunt.

Can you please add me i hunt with a fisher f44 in oneonta ny looking for people to hunt with i hunt it all

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom