Four Recent Hunts

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Due to the hot humid weather my hunts have been down lately, consisting of only four hunts since the end of June. Hunt time was only eight hours and fifteen minutes combined. The hunts did at least produce a decent total of clad........113 coins with a face value of $15.85. Twenty pennies, 9 nickels, 38 dimes, and 46 quarters. The soil has been bone dry for a long time now and is like powder when digging.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 251
Congrats on the clad D4C. Same here, too hot too dry. Think I got out maybe a half dozen times all summer, and finds have been sparse. Things seem to be cooling off a little down here so you guys are probably getting a break as well. Good luck. Mark

Nice Claddies there D4C! Hot here too with temps in the 90s but no humidity, glad you are still pulling the $$$!

Congrats on the clad D4C. Same here, too hot too dry. Think I got out maybe a half dozen times all summer, and finds have been sparse. Things seem to be cooling off a little down here so you guys are probably getting a break as well. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark.....I hit the hunt site today at 6:15 AM and the temperature was a nice cool 59 degrees with very low humidity. We're supposed to have one more day of the good stuff and then it's back to the heat and humidity again but at least I was able to take advantage of today's nice weather. This was only my fourth hunt since the end of June.

Nice Claddies there D4C! Hot here too with temps in the 90s but no humidity, glad you are still pulling the $$$!
Thanks.......We've had day after day of 90's and high humidity for nearly two weeks straight. Today was the first day of cooler temps with low humidity so I was determined to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately, your weather and soil conditions are all too common for many of us this Summer. At least you were able to get out there a few times, congrats!

Congrats, Ed! That's definitely a good amount of clad.

By the way, it's nice to know there's someone else who takes the time to dig lesser coinage, like pennies. It all goes toward the clad count! :grin:

This Summer is the worst I've seen in awhile for dirt digging. Waiting for the Fall myself..

Congrats, Ed! That's definitely a good amount of clad.

By the way, it's nice to know there's someone else who takes the time to dig lesser coinage, like pennies. It all goes toward the clad count! :grin:
Thank you, Princess.....I don't mind digging clad at all. It's all spendable and is put toward buying coins for my collection at the end of the hunt season.

At least I didn't bring you pain by digging a bunch of those dreaded East Coast large cents.

Come to think of it, you're right ! You've betrayed your east coast brethren by daring to post east coast show & tell without LC's and colonial coppers. What's up bro ? Did your sand box fail you this day ? Tsk tsk :laughing: :sissyfight:

Come to think of it, you're right ! You've betrayed your east coast brethren by daring to post east coast show & tell without LC's and colonial coppers. What's up bro ? Did your sand box fail you this day ? Tsk tsk :laughing: :sissyfight:

No failure whatsoever. In an act of continuing generosity I sent each member from California one of my dug Large cents and/or Colonial coppers because I feel so bad that all you guys out there only dig those cheesy looking gold coins. You should have gotten one by now. Or....did you get one and are trying to wrangle another one from me? If you'd like another, just send me $100.00 worth of that junky clad you find out your way PLUS 5,000 Raleigh coupons and I'll be sure to send you another of my old coppers for your display case.

I'd be happy with that for sure, I dont think I've dug 15$ in clad in 2022 :lol: To be fair, I'm in the middle of the woods half the time :lol: congrats and good luck this fall! :cool:

I'd be happy with that for sure, I dont think I've dug 15$ in clad in 2022 :lol: To be fair, I'm in the middle of the woods half the time :lol: congrats and good luck this fall! :cool:

Thanks Jeff, with the price of gas, I've been staying close to home which means I've been hunting spots that I've hit VERY hard over the years.

Back
Top Bottom