Mastering Getting Permission to Detect

.... Speaking of which, what do you do if you come across a piece of land that says "No owner name on record". ...

Where I'm at : Any oldtown sidewalk demolition, any old park turf scrape (to make way for incoming turf), any old-town building teardown, or any juicy abandoned structures, will all be hit by md'rs. I guess there's too many md'rs here that do not let those opportunities go to waste.

Not gonna go without having permission.

Speaking of which, what do you do if you come across a piece of land that says "No owner name on record".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Detect away!! Tough call really. I have soooo many permissions and places to hunt I will never get to them all.

Steve

You do realize the dirty-little-secret about those cameras, don't you ? No one is live-time monitoring. They would only review footage if something were amiss the next morning.

And even the motion-sensor option (where they can review just-the-portions where motion set it off) is almost never used. The reason is : Every moth that passes by the lens, every stray cat, every tree branch blowing in the wind, etc... set those things off. So no one bothers to review that footage each morning either.

Thus ... no one is watching or reviewing those cameras, unless something were amiss the next morning. (So cover your holes, and leave no trace of your presence :laughing:)

Id say that's bad advice. I certainly do review my motion activated cameras constantly. Wind and trees and etc do NOT generally set them off either, as they are heat-motion sensing, not just motion.

Back
Top Bottom