• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Research! Research! Research!

kamogawa

Metal Detecting veteran Dick Stout who has written decades of articles for Western & Eastern Treasures on researching potential sites for metal detecting
is a wealth of information. You can also find him on his Internet site STOUT STANDARDS. Being in a new city now, I decided to spend three days focusing
on the kinds of in-depth research he had long advocated. I have come up with a very interesting sliver of land that is sort of tucked away West of Mobile. Lots of centuries old trees that hopefully mean little of the area was razed in the past. It is in an area where it is possible that no one has ever detected before. I will look into the spot before going there this weekend and will post pictures later in the weekend if I can search there. Hopefully it won't be a bust.

Last edited:
Lots of people spending lots of time arguing which machine is better, but spending that time on research is a much better use, IMHO.

Hope that site works out for you and it has never been detected.

I love my metal detecting stories, and will tell a story about "never detected" tho. I met a newbie who said he would take me to a site that "I'll bet has never been detected". I said sure. Turns out the site was one _I myself had already detected twice_. It was a promising site or I would not have wasted my time on it, but you just never know.

Good luck

The most important aspect to this hobby is location, most machines will find whatever is there regardless of price. If it ain't there you're not gonna find it.

Lots of people spending lots of time arguing which machine is better, but spending that time on research is a much better use, ...

.... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Yup, the key to good finds is location location location, timing timing timing and balls balls balls.

But with that said : Make no doubt: I will arm myself with the best detectors, and I will refuse to stop arguing in detector technology debate threads ! :laughing:

Yup, the key to good finds is location location location, timing timing timing and balls balls balls.

But with that said : Make no doubt: I will arm myself with the best detectors, and I will refuse to stop arguing in detector technology debate threads ! :laughing:

I also will arm myself with multiple machines.:yes:

Absolutely correct Tom, location,timing, most importantly balls! I’m going to a street tear out today here in my town. 4 of July ,so the crew took day off. This part of town was a direct route of Wabash and Erie Canal system.

Absolutely correct Tom, location,timing, most importantly balls! I’m going to a street tear out today here in my town. 4 of July ,so the crew took day off. This part of town was a direct route of Wabash and Erie Canal system.

That sounds like a great opportunity! Post an update later on how your
search went.

Back
Top Bottom