• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Most productive day yet! 4 Silver, Wheats, Indians and relics. Curb Stripping

My curb stripping this past weekend yielded a zinc coin spill. I left three of them in the ground --- I was soooooo un excited.
Al least someone did good. Congrats on a fine hunt!

My curb stripping this past weekend yielded a zinc coin spill. I left three of them in the ground --- I was soooooo un excited.
Al least someone did good. Congrats on a fine hunt!

I expect that to be the norm as well. This being my first time curb stripping luck was for sure on my side.

Congrats on a great day of hunting, The dime slam is awesome and so are the other cool finds. Great job on so many levels, I'm sure you'll remember this hunt for a long time to come. Good luck, Mark

Tacoma area curb strips still have a few goodies but the parks are picked clean. Lots of competition down here. :yes:

Yeah I figured there are others but I rarely see them. You ever have any luck in the water in that general area? Plus even in the last 20 years so much has changed down there. I grew up in Belfair and the south sound is unrecognizable from my youth in the 80’s and 90’s

Those are excellent finds and great play by play and photos. Really enjoyed your post and it reminded me of how good curb strips can be. I hunted them a lot when I was in NE Texas but haven't hunted them since I moved.

Glad the day went so well for you! Curb strips are by far my favorite environment just gotta deal with a not so nice homeowner every once and again. Still worth it though.

Dime Trifecta

Way to go, getting a dime trifecta, it took me about six years of detecting before I got my first trifecta. I love curb strips except I've done all the old ones in the two towns I live near and have to drive an hour or further to get to ones I haven't done yet. You have to be pleased you listened to the one telling you to do curb strips. And yes, it's a good way to get permission to hunt yards. Congrats, there's amazing treasures just waiting for someone to come along and claim them. Be aware though, some homeowners think they own all the way to the street, and no amount of arguing will convince them. I don't even try anymore, I just move along. Thick skin helps too.
HH everyone

Yeah I really didn’t understand the rarity of the day when it came to the dimes till later. I was just happy to find multiple things. I think I mainly got lucky but hope to repeat it this weekend. I realize this may be a best day ever situation as well and not repeatable but sure hope too. Thanks hikerdude.

Back
Top Bottom