Nel Super Fly Coil

pballwiz

Anyone here have one of these?
Looks to be a newer model and I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pballwiz: said:
Anyone here have one of these?
Looks to be a newer model and I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews.
Thanks!
Yes, I have one, brand new in-the-box, for a Teknetics T2 series model. They came out later last year and I bought one for evaluation of both detectors and search coils offerings.

It is very light-weight and balances very nicely. I like its performance, as well as balance and feel, over the standard 11" BiAxial coil as well as a couple of other after-market coils I have tried on the T2's that were heavier.

I no longer have a T2+ so I am selling this new coil, and I haven't tried the Super Fly on any other makes or models, but I can vouch for their nice appearance and light-weight design. There have been some field tests or reviews posted on this and other forums, but I don't have those at hand. A search would help. 'Iowa Relic' did some, if I recall.

Monte

i have used a Super Fly for the First Texas Greek Series.......including an Omega 8500 and a Teknetics G2+ along with one for the Garrett AT Pro/AT Gold. The Super Fly outperformed the FTP stock 11"X7" Biaxial that Monte mentioned and the 8.5" X 11" stock Garrett coil.

By outperformed I mean, it was as deep or deeper, had better target separation, more stable target IDs, less susceptible to EMI, and felt as light or lighter, with better overall weight balance (center of the coil mounting) than the other coils and obviously has better overall ground coverage because of its dimensions. It rivals the Detech Ultimate 13" coil performance wise which is saying a lot since that is an outstanding big coil.

Back
Top Bottom