Magnet Fishing

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well, I am not in the water yet. Not even allowed to pick up a tank. However I still get a ton of phone calls. I have had to turn down 6 underwater adventures. However I have been able to do three.

Magnet fishing off the docks. I successfully recovered three sets of keys in the last 4 days. So I am not done yet.

I have an appointment with my DR tomorrow and I hope I will be cleared to jump in the water again. I have a canvas to find, a pair of prescription glasses and another set of keys and cell phone. And a call today on a huge gold ring that is by a boat lift in a marina. No other pirates can get to it luckily.

I am going to be completely swamped this summer. No clue how much treasure I can find on my own.

That's a nice hobby I've been wanting to do for a while! Maybe you could retreive some stuff without even going into the water! :fishing:

Glad you are up and better, The cell phones are hard to get with a magnet unless the metal covering the battery or phone frame is steel. I have followed this magnet fishing for a long time and have done my share of it with excellent results. The other day a fellow showed me a video camera that was on a rope like our magnets and he used it to scan the bottom for the non magnetic items. This thing had a receiver like an I pad and worked well as long as the mud didn't get disturbed up. He also had a 10 ft long reach tool for recovery . This reminded me of what you said about the large gold ring. Keep us informed about your new adventures and hope you are able to get back in the water soon.

Back
Top Bottom