I'm new

Bioheat1969

Hey everyone, just wanted to intro myself, I'm Harvey, I just got a new metal detector for Christmas from my wife. I live in Central Massachusetts in southern Worcester County on the Connecticut line. If any of you know any good places to detect in my area, I'd like to know, please drop me a line.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Congrats to your wife for getting you a new metal detector for Christmas ! :thumbsup:

Not familiar with your area so can't suggest specific places, but if you haven't already, practice in your own yard first, especially with digging proper plugs so as to make it look as if you never dug to begin with.

As far as general areas, local public parks should be okay as long as you don't see any "no metal detecting" signs. Also consider asking for permission to detect on private property, maybe starting with people you know.

Hi Harvey,
From south Central Worcester county also. Good advice from GKL, places to go can be tough around here. I can tell you pretty much anything with “land trust” in the name is off limits. I Use this website to identify the owners of properties.

https://massgis.maps.arcgis.com/app...x.html?appid=47689963e7bb4007961676ad9fc56ae9

It also shows the year that the property was built on.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Harvey,
From south Central Worcester county also. Good advice from GKL, places to go can be tough around here. I can tell you pretty much anything with “land trust” in the name is off limits. I Use this website to identify the owners of properties.

https://massgis.maps.arcgis.com/app...x.html?appid=47689963e7bb4007961676ad9fc56ae9

It also shows the year that the property was built on.
Good luck.

What a fantastic Welcome to The Forum thank you everybody so much. I can't wait to check out that link that's going to come in real Handy I can't wait to get out there and start finding some real Treasures.

Hey grf, we'll need to get together for a hunt at some point.
So my machine is an X-terra 305, she also got me a GP-pointer for a pin pointer, the X-Terra I'm impressed with, the pointer, not so much.

Welcome from southwest P.A.!
I may be doing my first hunt in about two weeks after work today. I was sick, then had home improvement projects to do. Then it rained for days and/or had to work late.

Isnt the richest county in the U.S. in central Massachussetts? Maybe that's a good place to hunt then!

So you must live in the Charlton area? The Brookfield's have always been good to me. Auburn should hold some goodies, not to mention Sturbridge and Southbridge. With experience, you will find some good spots in no time. I live in Hardwick, but grew up in East Brookfield, Gardner, and Barre. I use historicaerials.com almost daily. Good luck out there!!!

So you must live in the Charlton area? The Brookfield's have always been good to me. Auburn should hold some goodies, not to mention Sturbridge and Southbridge. With experience, you will find some good spots in no time. I live in Hardwick, but grew up in East Brookfield, Gardner, and Barre. I use historicaerials.com almost daily. Good luck out there!!!

Dudley actually, I grew up in Thompson, CT, but spent most of my youth in the Webster, Duley area, now I live here.

I was guessing either Webster or Dudley.
cellrdwellr did you go to Prouty? I grew up and still live in Spencer

I was guessing either Webster or Dudley.
cellrdwellr did you go to Prouty? I grew up and still live in Spencer

I did not, my parents graduated from Prouty though. I went to Quabbin high in Barre. Love that area though, and have many fond memories of it. I bought my now wife's engagement ring at Cormier jewelers about 10 years ago, and was just at whitco a couple weeks back. We have had some decent luck in the fields next to Ahearn equipment. I was a little late to that party, but my buddy has found state coppers out there and reales. He was able to talk to the farmer that mows it and get permission, but I believe he just leases the field from the state. Let's see, Ogara park must have been filled at one point, I have never hunted the field and found anything old, but the woods surrounding it have coughed up a couple keepers. Same with Luther hill park. Tough hunting out there, you must have beat us to it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom