• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Identity Stolen

Lee1968

Elite Member
So about a month ago, I got an alert from my identity protection service that someone opened a bank account using my information at Chase Bank. I disputed the account, and had to spend a lot of time on the phone with Chase, a trip to the police station to fill out a report, and then to the post office to mail everything they needed. About a week later, another account was opened at Wells Fargo. Another week, another account, this one at Bank of America. I put a fraud alert on the credit bureau, and requested a credit report. Everyone at the banks, and the identity protection place have been awesome, and all accounts have been locked down.
Just letting everyone know to remind you to keep an eye on your stuff. There are scum out there that make a living trying to take what other people earn. I am sure they will never be caught, as the police officer said he gets these "all the time". :mad:

Glad to hear it's under control. Too many pieces of !!!! out there. I locked my credit reports down years ago.

So about a month ago, I got an alert from my identity protection service that someone opened a bank account using my information at Chase Bank. I disputed the account, and had to spend a lot of time on the phone with Chase, a trip to the police station to fill out a report, and then to the post office to mail everything they needed. About a week later, another account was opened at Wells Fargo. Another week, another account, this one at Bank of America. I put a fraud alert on the credit bureau, and requested a credit report. Everyone at the banks, and the identity protection place have been awesome, and all accounts have been locked down.
Just letting everyone know to remind you to keep an eye on your stuff. There are scum out there that make a living trying to take what other people earn. I am sure they will never be caught, as the police officer said he gets these "all the time". :mad:

Had that happen to me a few years back ,put a credit freeze on mine for 7 years , no one can open a new credit now with out calling in.

KT understands your frustration! His Royal Identity was stolen from the records at His Majesties state office by a temp worker who had no background check. First KT knew about it was a credit card company calling Him one evening, wanting to know if He had applied for a certain credit card. KT went into action, but it was so late in the process. Found out that the Royal ID was used to co-sign on two new Honda cars, one in Texarkana and one in Dallas. Stopped them from also buying one in Houston! Then the collection agencies began calling, KT made written transcripts of the first 3 that contacted me, also filled out a police report and would refer them to that. That went on for like two years. Each time KT would ask for their email, and just send them that file. It finally quit...early on KT put security on His credit rating agencies...believe it or not, we had a hard time buying a new car because of the stupid security questions asked by one of those companies! They wanted to know down through the years how many credit cards I had and what were their numbers, when I got them, when I cancelled them etc ad nauseum. KT got poed and hung up on them! Be certain if you got the 7 year hold, that you kept all the names and passwords you used with them or you will have trouble just like a hacker! Ha ha.

When KT went to buy a new cell phone from Sprint, the clerk looked up my info and said, Oh, we have been looking for you! You owe us for 3 monthes service on the cell phone you purchased from us and your check never cleared for payment of the phone. I said did you make a copy of my driver's license? The sales man said Certainly. So I asked to see it, when he pulled it up it had my DL info and a picture of a colored man....salesman said OH, I see what you mean. To make a long story short, I got my phone and they cancelled the other one's service! Ha ha.

you might check in to Norton's life lock , monitors your information on the dark web , use it to help keep a eye on my information out there.

Yep, I have had it for 2 years now, and that is how I got the original alert. They have been good about helping me get through this.

If it makes you feel better, I had my identity stolen a week after I finished high school when my first high school got hacked.

Back
Top Bottom