Harbor freight pin pointer

towzilla

Elite Member
Just wondering if any one is using the harbor freight pin pointer, if so how do you like it is it worth buying or get a higher priced pointer. Thanks

Those do work, but not great and they tend to have alot of problems. I bought one a few months ago and had to take it apart once already to readjust the internal sensitivity. Maybe ok as a back up but I would highly recomend the Garrett Pro Pointer. Yes it is over a hundred bucks but worth it.

Bought 3 -- gave up

I bought 3 of the Harbor Freight Pinpointers. Had so many frustrating problems, I bought a Garrett Pro-pointer and am very happy with the pro-pointer. I use my Harbor Freight pinpointers for what they were intended for -- finding nails in boards, before I send them through the planer..:facepalm:

i have one and use it hard, i've also done a few things to mine to make it last(changed out the power button with a more sealed one) for under 20 bucks ya can't go wrong. i also replaced that loud speaker with a vibrating motor, now i don't get as many strange looks at the park :yes:

i liked mine for what it did,,,it has faults but can be beefed up and is a cheap crutch untill you can afford a better one

pinpointer harbor freight

Thanks everyone That's the information I was needing. I won't bother buying one

Back
Top Bottom