Harbor Freight Pin Pointer?

HuntinQuincy

Harbor freight has a $15 hand held metal detector and I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these and are they decent as a pin pointer? Good deal if they work well!;)

Quincy my friend there are tens of threads in the section of the forum on the item. Do a forum search of Cen-Tech or harbor Freight and you'll see lots of reviews and opinions on it :yes:

Save your $$...

I've read more thumbs down than up. Put the $15 toward a well known hand held. Or the best is the SunRay inline which is a bit more than most want to spend, and may not be available for you detector. That said, the Cen-Tech could be a fair emergency backup ?
Marty

i have a harbor freight pinpointer, and it works fine. No need spending so much for something that does almost the same thing. Of course the expensive one will be better, but for 15$, it's worth it.

I love mine....

I mean really how much better could one costing 100 bucks be???

How much better ?

Well, $85 bucks better don'tcha know ! Just fooling. :) I'm going to go and look at one in person this summer. I drive right by Harbor Freight on the way to grammas.
Marty

I had one and it broke after a few weeks and it wasn't that great to start with I have a Garrett propointer and it is 500 times better. Ice

Seems like theres about a 50-50 chance on a person getting their hands on a good one, still hard to deny that if your willing to miss lunch for a couple of days you will have plenty of money to buy it and thats the apeal of it I guess! I think I might just go for it and if I dont like it, well Im just out 15 bucks and out in the field I can recover that pretty quick ;) Thankyou for all the imput everyone!

I mean really how much better could one costing 100 bucks be???

A LOT better, and dependable to boot. Out of all the hand held pinpointers the Harbor Freight unit has the absolute worst history of premature failure, and oozes frustration of flakey operation if even the smallest amount of moisture penetrates to the interior - even high humidity creates havoc with it. Flimsy materials and construction relates to short life span in our tough environments as well.

Harbor freight has a $15 hand held metal detector and I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these and are they decent as a pin pointer? Good deal if they work well!;)

ANY pin pointer is better than NO pin pointer. That said, the Harbor Freight one is as cheap as they get. They are not built to last under normal hunting conditions. You will have better luck getting one made specifically for metal detecting.:D Bounty Hunter makes an entry level one you can find for about for about $40.:yes:

BobbyC used one this weekend and for $15 I was really impressed with it.

I got one and prefer it to the Bounty Hunter or the Automax. Granted it probably does not give me 3-4 inches of depth but that's not what I'm looking for. If you do the modes that are posted here it does a fairly decent job. I get about an inch to an inch and a half depth on it and hopefully I'm within that range of the target before I need it.

A LOT better, and dependable to boot. Out of all the hand held pinpointers the Harbor Freight unit has the absolute worst history of premature failure, and oozes frustration of flakey operation if even the smallest amount of moisture penetrates to the interior - even high humidity creates havoc with it. Flimsy materials and construction relates to short life span in our tough environments as well.

My $15.00 HF pinpointer is far and away better than the Bounty Hunter or Automax v4 I have. With that being said I did order a DX-1 for my DFX yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom