Did you know your Harbor Freight pin pointer

tabdog

Elite Member
isn’t water tight on the tip?

Ever sense people started talking about the Harbor Freight
electronic pin pointer for $15, I’ve been looking for one. They
never have them or the tumblers in stock.

Well, today they had the pin pointer in stock. I got one to have
for a back up. Hopping it would work.

10-23-3.jpg

I used it at a wood chip tot lot today. It seemed to work OK,
but not as good as my Tiny Tec. But it will do for a back-up.

I got the tip dirty and went to scoop the dirt off and almost
pulled the end out far enough to break the wires inside.

Look what happened!!!!!!!

10-23-4.jpg

Fortunately, I didn’t rip the wires out and it still works.

Here’s my remedy. It will make the tip water tight also.

10-23-5.jpg

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog

I have a HF pin pointer as a backup as well. I find it hard to keep the red button pushed in while hunting the dig site... it beeps once real quick... then I think I have something... then I test it on my shovel... and get disappointed.

My local HF store has 1 in stock and they are holding it for me. I too got to wondering about the integrity of the tip. I'll seal it with the same LocTite as shown and then prolly try to improve upon the circuit.

WRONG When I phoned the store earlier today the female clerk cut me off before I could finish saying the model number. She said, "yep, got one here under on a shelf under the register." So I show up 2 hours later and it's the wrong unit-- it's a wand for body scanning! What ensues minutes later is three employees searching the store for the pinpointer model. Twenty minutes later they give up and the manager admits the shelf has been empty for weeks. Their South Carolina distribution center is out of them as well. I told the manager that if the girl would have allowed me to finish saying the model number, all of us wouldn't be wasting our time and my gasoline! :no:

I have two of them and I had to glue my tip in also to keep it from poping out , I also had to go inside and and cut the ends off the switch wires and solder them to the little connection studs so they would make good contact and stay hooked up , but since I done those two things to it , it has worked great . HH Harold

Back
Top Bottom