• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

202 pinpointing issues

jughead5500

I like my 202 bounty Hunter,but it is very Diffacult to pinpoint coins. Ilove the target ID feature, and the depth gauge. I have to use another detector to pinpoint coins. the 202 is is quiter and lighter. does anyone else have this problem or is it just my 202 ??

Sorry but the 202 does not have a pinpoint feature or all metal mode that gets stronger when you are over a target like the 505 does. This is the only difference between the two and this is why my dad sold his 202 and has my 505 as a backup.

b h 202

thank you for the information,if i would have known that i wouldnt have bought it. I have it covered with my b. h. 840. its old but very effective @ Pinpointing..:yes:

Although it does not have PI for easy pinpointing, you can still get a fairly accurate pinpoint with VLF using the X method. If you're using the standard BH 8" concentric coil, the inner smaller coil is what will sound off when it hits the edge of the target. When you want to pinpoint, switch to All Metal and sweep across your target left to right then right to left a number of times to determine the approximate size and edges of target. Mark the area by eye where you are repeatedly picking up the target. Then turn 90 degrees and sweep your coil again in the same fashion and follow the same steps. The area where you get a good solid hit in both swing directions should be the center of the X and that is your approximate target location. It takes some practice, but is not that difficult with a little experience. My Tracker IV does not have PI and I have very little problems pinpointing an object. The only difficulties come in high trash areas, but that will cause a problem with any detector. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom