• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT Pro issues???

ebone581

Elite Member
Anyone else ever have probs with their pro around certain houses. I am not sure if it is EMI from certain electronics in certain houses or what. But my pro at times will false like crazy, all over, and at times will have like a "heart eat" going from 20-30's to 50-60's. Almost like a tick tock. Any ideas?? Frustrating as I was at a "good" location and could barely stand the noise and bouncing of the pro. I have only had this problem at 2 houses. One, it settled down as I got further from the house, and today's. Today's had a smaller yard, and couldn't get too far awy from the house.

Hello,

Cordless phones, Wifi, electric fence, burglar alarms (the wireless ones) and other stuff can make your detector go crazy with the 'heartbeat' symptoms as you describe. You will not be in doubt when you get close to heavy electric wires, since the noise is permanent.

Start away from the house, and then lower the sensitivity as you approach the house to get as deep as possible (never reverse your path - you need to know when to change the sensitivity).

A smaller coil is also helpfull.

If you see an electric fence for horses/sheeps etc, then look for the animals, if they are gone for summer/winter grass, then you could possibly persuade them to turn it off (to conserve energy and help the friendly metaldetectorist :D )

GL

/Steffen

Boyyyyy. Is my face red. I was thinking n thinking what appliances they had in common. Both have invisible dog fences. Duhhhh. I'm not so bright at times

Ive had a time or two where no matter what my AT would just go berzirk. Ranging all over, up, down, all kinds a raquet. Just had to get away from the power source that was over-riding the board. Its just part of it I guess.

Boyyyyy. Is my face red. I was thinking n thinking what appliances they had in common. Both have invisible dog fences. Duhhhh. I'm not so bright at times

invisible dog fence will do it......well atleast now ya know its not the machine:lol:

My AT Pro usually makes a lot of noise when my Iphone is receiving data or messages. Easy fix for me was to put it on airplane mode. Which is great for me because now the girlfriend can't nag at me while I'm hunting.

When I am swinging, the phone is off. It be my "quiet" time. And I am glad it is not my machine. I still can't get over it. I used to think I was a bright kid (so much so my dad called me sun ((lil joke there)). But, stumped by an invisible dog fence. Humbling! Anywho.. Thanks gang and best of luck to us all. (Damn technology)

If I'm within 50 feet of my wireless router one of my detectors warbles pretty much the whole time even thought the frequencies don't make any sense.

Back
Top Bottom