Your go behind detector?

ghound

Elite Member
What's your go behind detector/coil that you think would pickup what your main detector missed?
If i was to go behind my stock Nox, I'd take the Rutus 71 with the CC coil.

I use the detector that I think doesn’t NEED a “go behind” detector. The CTX with 17” coil is an absolute vacuum cleaner. Good luck finding anything behind THAT!:lol:

I use the detector that I think doesn’t NEED a “go behind” detector. The CTX with 17” coil is an absolute vacuum cleaner. Good luck finding anything behind THAT!:lol:

Probably weighs as much as a vacuum cleaner, too!

All of my detectors are my "go behind" detector. I've found that I can usually squeek out another find or two with any one of them. Most likely due to being a slightly different angle of approach or maybe a certain signal sounds slightly better on one machine than the other.

And TIED for the Absolute Best Answers we have:

All of my detectors are my "go behind" detector. I've found that I can usually squeek out another find or two with any one of them. Most likely due to being a slightly different angle of approach or maybe a certain signal sounds slightly better on one machine than the other.

You can hunt a site with your main detector and then go at it again with the same detector and you'll find things you missed.

.... which cover the reply I was going to make. I simply hunt the site again, and more 'agains' if needed, using any of the detector/coil combinations in my Outfit ... to include what I started with. We never "get it all."

Monte

My dirt fishing detector is an old antiquated Minelab Sovereign GT. If I work a property I always go back a second time and some times even more times. Different direction. Maybe did not overlap. Any number of reasons that I might have missed something. And I usually find stuff I missed.

And TIED for the Absolute Best Answers we have:

.... which cover the reply I was going to make. I simply hunt the site again, and more 'agains' if needed, using any of the detector/coil combinations in my Outfit ... to include what I started with. We never "get it all."

Monte

Monte, were you hunting at the Wadleigh Park yesterday? Was through Vale yesterday and saw someone detecting, but didn't stop to bother him. We were taking pics of the Stone House Museum and the new engraved stone sign that my youngest son did for them. My oldest son who passed away in January had started the project, so it was nice to see it finished. Hope if it was you detecting, that you had a good hunt.

Would going back and hunting the same area with same kit but only in a different “mode” count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monte, were you hunting at the Wadleigh Park yesterday? Was through Vale yesterday and saw someone detecting, but didn't stop to bother him. We were taking pics of the Stone House Museum and the new engraved stone sign that my youngest son did for them. My oldest son who passed away in January had started the project, so it was nice to see it finished. Hope if it was you detecting, that you had a good hunt.
That would have been Saturday so No, that wasn't me. And I'm quite fine should someone stop to visit with me, so if it would have been me I would have missed that pleasure.

I'm easy to spot as I am about 5 or 6 years older than you, and would have a cane in my left hand. If it's a hotter summer day I might be wearing a ball cap, but when cap-free I keep my hair very short. Just one step from being bald.

Do you live in or close around the Vale area? Drop me an e-mail, if you will, to [email protected]

I will be getting out detecting Monday afternoon, then probably Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Maybe even Tuesday afternoon. But it won't be to a city park as I'm be going after some elusive older era coins working a ghost town or two.

And to be 'on-topic' I'll be using the same or different detectors to re-hunt places I've been over many times.

Monte

I hunt lawns,parks and other public sites and I hunt them over and over and eventually most of my detectors get a shot because of boredom and I just love learning and using different detectors.

I found a ton with my Vaq that my original cheap bounty hunter missed.
I found a ton with my F2 that my Vaq missed.
Found a bunch with with my Compadre that my others missed.
Found a ton with my F70 that all the others missed, found a mess with my Nox that everything else I used missed.
Went over sites I but hard with my Nox and still found great stuff going back over it with my F70.
I see a pattern developing, here.

For me things change out there all the time, I find different things in the same sites on different hunts depending on the moisture content of the dirt.
I find different things at the same sites by using different coils on the same detectors.
I find different things at the same exact sites using combinations of all my detectors and coils by hitting these sites from different directions.

I never believed that any site is truly ever hunted out and have been warned off sites by a few well meaning detectorists who hunted them to death over the years with some very high end detectors and years of experience that have told me they, and their friends, got it all and there was nothing left to find.
One guy said that to me when I first showed up to a small park and noticed me but I told him as long as I was there I might as well give it a try and thanks very much for the warning.
After a several hunts at that site over several days the guy stopped by again because he lived in the neighborhood and greeted me and asked if I found anything.
I said yep, a few silver coins, some nice silver rings, an actual small version Harry S. Truman inaugural coin from the mint and a whole bunch of clad plus a few other cool things.
He was skeptical so I pulled up the forum on my phone and showed him pictures that I had already posted in my F2 album of those better finds.
He looked at my little F2, shook his head and practically accused me of lying.
He had supreme confidence in his detector and abilities, I guess.
Since then the most I ever do with other hunters that stop by my sites is small talk since life is too short to argue with the clueless.

Back
Top Bottom