Bubblegum machine clad holder, and a future contest?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
This is my bubblegum machine I am gonna custom paint to match the hotrod I'm building. Hotrod isn't gonna be done any time soon. So I am gonna see if I can fill it with clad by years end. No zinc penny's. If I keep count my clad is gonna burn a hole in my pocket. So I'm gonna throw it in there all year without cleaning it. Or counting it. End of the year i'll see who can guess what is the amount without going over. And give away some sort of prize. Silver? Gold? Dunno? December i'll post what the prize will be. If the top fills up, I can put clad in the bottom too. Gonna be tough filling the top.

Next year i'll post what a custom gumball machine mounted on a polished aluminum wheel looks like. Looks cool in front of your truck at a car show. And you can generate some quarters from people walking by wanting bubblegum:lol:

End of every month i'll post how full it is with my last hunt of the month finds.

Attachments

• SAM_1025.jpg
    SAM_1025.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 156
Very cool idea on the contest, and definitely a nice eye catcher at the shows. What are you building to match that gumball machine?

Very cool idea on the contest, and definitely a nice eye catcher at the shows. What are you building to match that gumball machine?

'56 F100. Going to still get a FORD gum machine. But they are Chrome. Got a friend who has a set of $6000 rims and two got destroyed in a car crash. They have matching serial numbers. So two doesn't do him any good:lol: Hopefully he'll give them to me.:lol:

i picked this up last summer. a fare box out of a city bus. I plan on putting my clad finds in it. not painting it to match the hot rod I'm building as it might look funny powder blue and white. I already have a guitar I painted to match the car.:lol: it does work so I think I'll restore the top part and build a wooden base for it that I can put a power supply in and make it look more like funtiture. HH

Attachments

• fare box.JPG
    fare box.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 150
'56 F100. Going to still get a FORD gum machine. But they are Chrome. Got a friend who has a set of $6000 rims and two got destroyed in a car crash. They have matching serial numbers. So two doesn't do him any good:lol: Hopefully he'll give them to me.:lol:

Very good looking truck!

i picked this up last summer. a fare box out of a city bus. I plan on putting my clad finds in it. not painting it to match the hot rod I'm building as it might look funny powder blue and white. I already have a guitar I painted to match the car.:lol: it does work so I think I'll restore the top part and build a wooden base for it that I can put a power supply in and make it look more like funtiture. HH

That's cool, Edsel, you don't see many of those. Very cool ideas guys.

Dark in my garage. But this is where the ashtray was. These are temporary gages. Should be able to see the digital gages by looking in the rearview mirror at the back window. Glovebox is a test sample of the custom color i made. Have to see it in the sun to appreciate it:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_1028.jpg
    SAM_1028.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 109
  • SAM_1029.jpg
    SAM_1029.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 107

Really surprised you don't have a Ford gumball machine:lol: A buddy of mines first name is Edsel and his middle name is Ford:D

Back
Top Bottom