Friendly clad contest

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Anybody care to have a mixed contest for bragging rights? Can be for total clad,most quarters,most 1965 quarters(missed it by that much) nickels,pennies,etc. Just add a category you have as a personal challenge,goal,whatever? Me,i'm interested in who digs the most nickels.
I exchange my zinc pennies and just add copper pennies i found from last year to keep my count exact.I cash in all the zinc pennies.But quarters,dimes,nickels,and copper pennies each go in separate powerade bottles after i tumble them.So say for example to keep track of 1965 quarters just put a mark in permanent marker every time you add one so you don't have to go through them all at the end of the year.
January 2014 we can come back or start a new thread and post our best counts.

What say ye?.......Interested?....... Post if you are.

One hunt alone i found 4 1965 quarters.So i know i have a few.Lol!

I hate them damn 65 quarters!!! So close way to many times! lol

Anybody care to have a mixed contest for bragging rights? Can be for total clad,most quarters,most 1965 quarters(missed it by that much) nickels,pennies,etc. Just add a category you have as a personal challenge,goal,whatever? Me,i'm interested in who digs the most nickels.
I exchange my zinc pennies and just add copper pennies i found from last year to keep my count exact.I cash in all the zinc pennies.But quarters,dimes,nickels,and copper pennies each go in separate powerade bottles after i tumble them.So say for example to keep track of 1965 quarters just put a mark in permanent marker every time you add one so you don't have to go through them all at the end of the year.

Ummmm... I think I just found a contest that I can win :laughing:

If we can pick another member to be on our team then I'll go with Sarge ;)

Zincolns...I swear I am a zincoln magnet when it come to finding them. I find so many I sometimes skip over them just to try to find the good stuff.

i hate Zincolns!!!! :mad:

why are nickels tough? I understand that they are fewer but evertime I find at least 3-4.

Couple things about nickels. The nickel signal leads to more possible gold being found while searching for them. Some places someone besides me has already hunted all the nickel targets looking for gold. Lots of nickels,better chance at gold. Lots of nickels and zincs,really good chance at gold! I just cashed in 900 zinc pennies:laughing:

I will run with ya on the Nickels I love challanges for them Have one going with my Grandson now as well

I will run with ya on the Nickels I love challanges for them Have one going with my Grandson now as well

Sounds good! I found 14 yesterday.But i only get to hunt twice a week max! Guys snowed in may get to hunt more but less months.Be interesting to see totals. And maybe average hunt day percentage.

Most toasty zincolns! I have a bag full of ones with big pits and big crusty bites taken out of the edges. They are hardly recognizable....

I've been thinking about putting all my toasted zincolns in a bottle and burying them as a cache for someone to find. :p

I like the lawnmower coins.

And the nickels, I'm a gold hunter!!!!!

And dollar coins???? Nobody has brought up those.

Me, I'll keep track of dollars, nickels, and lawnmower coins!!!

Coinstar wants to play as well

Stopped into a local supermarket on a work errand and as I always do, the coinstar machine was the first place I visited. There was nothing in the return tray but I did spot some coins stuck between the feeder tray and the machine body. I was able to wiggle out a clad quarter and upon checking the date. I see that coinstar enjoys teasing us also. :roll: Coinstar hasn't handed over any silver to me yet, but I will keep on trying.

Back
Top Bottom