1st timeout with Simplex

dbowling

Received it yesterday and took it out this morning for its 1st hunt.
2.5 hrs found about 50 pull tabs, chunks of aluminum,pieces of lead i believe,a big piece of chain,live 38 special round, 1 quarter,2 dimes and 12 pennies.
Was hunting in park 1..
About the only thing i dislike about it so far is the pinpoint sucks and the armrest rubbed the side of my arm raw..
Using the sp24 coil it does a good job of telling you there's a coin laying with a pull tab etc. For me the 800 Nox seems easier to swing but could be because the armrest was bugging me, may try adjusting it and see how it feels.
All in all not to bad for 1st try and hunting a super trashy area.

Attachments

• 20210730_125954.jpg
    20210730_125954.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 521
That is a lot of stuff! Did you have your arm under the velcro strap?

Sometimes i use the strap and sometimes not. Have not experienced any chafing.

My Bounty Hunter has closed cell foam lining the plastic arm piece, a nice touch.

That’s a good tally for 2.5 hours, 👍 maybe a bit of foam in the arm cradle will take care of the discomfort?

I like the Simplex, ( not that I have much detecting experience) I’ve had six or so hunts and have found about ten bucks in clad, nice machine imo, hoping to do my first in water hunt tomorrow morning, 🤞

HH

I put some foam in it today and it helped a lot and yes I was using strap.. Adjusted the rest and that helped also.. took it out tonite for 2 more hrs and found 3 quarters, a dime and 6 pennies plus a bunch of trash.
Haven't found anything old yet there's few more people who hunt this place so may have hit it pretty heavy.

Why'd you take time out? Was the arm rest that bad? Have you used any other detector?

I hate the crappy pinpoint too. The "pinpoint" process on my bounty hunter land star is MUCH better. To the point where I almost want to carry it too. I'm not sure what to do about making it better.

Edit: just saw your other thread. Personally I think I'd love to have an equinox 800 instead of the simplex. Never used one, but sound great (and out of my price range right now).

for me the pinpoint sometimes seems to not want to work, seems to just stop.. then try again and it works fine. I can actually pinpoint with it easier just by listening to tone of it when over coin or whatever.

So far I have found the pin point to work fine, it took a little time to get used to it like all new equipment does, but it seems to work okay , I also bring my pulse dive pin pointer with me, I have been learning to pinpoint with just the audio signal and the stock coil with good accuracy, that took a few hunts to learn, and I’m still trying to get better at it, I like to experiment with tips I hear about from U tubers that use the simplex, and others detectors, some channels are noticeably better for tips and info than others, but that’s pretty normal for all of U tube.

HH

good machine, but sold mine. did not like the tones or TID. but that was just because I am so used to my 800 for the past 3 years. But there were a few things on the 800 I don't care for like the narrow TID range.

I've been swinging the Simplex for 3 months and I can say it is very well worth the money. I also use the SP24 exclusively. A killer tot lot gold detector and not a bad relic detector. For really deep coins I have yet to do a lot of that kind of hunting, simply because my health makes spending a lot of time recovery a target take a toll on my time out hunting.

Went out relic hunting with a buddy and his E-Trac yesterday at an old fort site. I went home with 2 musket balls, a .69 cal & .44 cal, and he found none. Now I know this doesn't mean much, it just means I got my coil over some targets, but he was a bit upset.

Yes, my Equinox 800 was better, but then it was much more money as well.

Back
Top Bottom