Garrett AT PRO users please help!! PROBLEM FIXED BY GARRETT

Boosted_clipse

So I have had my ATPRO for about 3 years now and I think the processor might have just died. I was using it today without a problem. I turned it off to move locations and when I turned it back on, it made the usual double beep then the "bing" sound of standard mode. I have never had it do that to me before with the standard mode chime in upon turning it on. Now when I switch it back to pro mode it will hold a steady beep and the sound will not shut off unless it is out of pro mode. I swapped out 4 different sets of brand new batteries with no difference. I reset it back to factory setting with no help either to the problem. It seem to work okay in standard mode but I love the pro mode. So I'm thinking it is the processor. Other then sending it into Garrett, anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for reading my rambling! :)

Last edited:
Although I don't have an AT Pro my old ACE 250 used to act similar to that every once in awhile. I would get constant beeps even with the coil held up in the air when first turned on. I would leave the batteries out of it for a few hours and than put them back in and it worked like normal after that. You can give that a try and see if does anything for ya. I'd call Garrett if nothing helps your situation. They will definitely take care of your AT Pro. Their service is top notch.

You guys don't mess around! Thanks for the replies. Yeah i'm going to have to call them on Monday I guess. Does anyone have a first hand experience of what they charge for processor work?

I don't know what they charge for processor work, but they might just fix it for free. It wouldn't be surprising, being that their costumer service is top notch. HH and GL

Call and ask for Sue, she will steer you in the right direction.

What kind of weather were you hunting? My BH does the same thing on ocasion in extreme temps. ...same issue with HB pin pointer. It doesn't much care for the heat.

I was hunting in 50 degree weather. The coil has been acting up from time to time so I guess if I'm going to call and send the unit in, all of the problems might as well be fixed. I will keep you guys posted with what actions Garrett decides to do.
Thanks again to you all!
HH

ALL problems fixed! Garrett is #1 in customer service!!

So if you read above, I was having all sorts of problems with my detector. I called up Garrett and they said that the problems stated are not normal and they wanted me to send in the detector and coil and see what they could do.

So after 1 week I received a package from Garrett. Inside the box was my AT Pro housing and coil.... But wait....... Both items look brand new?!?!?!?!?! They ended up taking everything off and out of the old housing and replacing all of it with new components. There ended up being a rare problem with the board so that was replaced and the newest software was added as well. The old screen also had scratches and whatnot from normal use, well they replaced the screen too!

Now I take a look at the coil. Apparently my old coil was "falsing." So they sent out a brand new coil to go with the almost "brand new" housing. I had a coil cover on my old coil, which was scrapped up and whatnot. They gave me a new coil cover as well.

When I called Garrett I told them that the detector was well out of warranty by almost 2 years. That did not matter to them. I had a problem and they did more than I could have ever dreamed.

I am proud to use my Garrett, this is my 3rd Garrett product. They have made me a customer for life!!!!

Now that is what taking care of a customer is all about!! Hats off to Garrett Customer Service for outstanding service.

Back
Top Bottom