Finds:Through the centuries. (England.)

Doug

Elite Member
All the finds came from corn stubble fields from different farms over a period of weeks.

Thanks for looking......Doug.

The one tree field.
o4RPqDf.jpg

Hammered silver half-penny.
X5UrSU8.jpg

Silver sixpence.
bcQHEMA.jpg

Hammered silver cut quarter
rn29l9A.jpg

Medieval buckle.

FbDkD7M.jpg

2nd-4th century Roman brooch.
exP6gcX.jpg

2nd-4th century (broken) finger ring.
By4ybnN.jpg

Time to call it a day!
WDDCSJu.jpg

Old finger ring, copper alloy.
OUWwFos.jpg

Roman coin, no ID.
JCbFtqc.jpg

2nd-4th century Roman coins.
p6kzoAj.jpg

Various finds 1.
u7HDXv0.jpg

Various finds 2.
i7k3q73.jpg

2nd-4th century Roman ring and brooch.
kivBnut.jpg

50 calibre casing head stamp RA 1941 = Remington Arms - Bridgeport, Connecticut.
kYbXmXV.jpg

Old military button.
Cmq5bt5.jpg

Charles 2nd 1679 sixpence.
zwEgQw6.jpg

Henry 6th 1422-61 half-penny.
iuPynH0.jpg

7he21it.jpg

And to think that we're over-the-moon to get coins from the 1700s & 1800s, eh ? :laughing:

speak for yourself tom! I try to save my excitement for those east coast 1600's coins.:laughing: thought admittedly i have only found one of those.....:(

Another great thread Doug

Appears you will be missing another Florida vacation again this year.
My daughter and SIL are in London now. His folks cannot leave the islands
yet so no visit to Florida for them either. They are going to St Albans and then Edinborough. Hope next year will be better for all of us.

Brilliant finds Doug, im in Scotland and really just starting out , quite basic machine ( i think ) im mostly in and around corn stubble near the site of an old castle. Never been more than a half mile from my house !!
The soil is not great for coins , certainly any copper finds are usually eaten away to nothing. Plenty musket balls , few silver coins and one gold half sovereign. I have also dug up the best part of half a tractor and 2 or 3 ploughs :) I have some pics on my album but nothing of the class of your finds. Great to see.

Appears you will be missing another Florida vacation again this year.
My daughter and SIL are in London now. His folks cannot leave the islands
yet so no visit to Florida for them either. They are going to St Albans and then Edinborough. Hope next year will be better for all of us.

Thank you for all you kind comments.

Hi Gil.

Not too sure we can make it back to Florida anytime soon.

Health issues makes it very expensive now for health insurance plus I have been shielding for near on 18 months before I had the vaccinations.

Debby is over here at the moment but she is too far away for us to go see her.

The one you can’t identify ? That’s definitely a man holding the flagstick on the green ………if that helps :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom