Some blessed relief!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
It has been hot and very humid in the Royal Realm over the past couple of weeks, and today those in the Castle have some blessed relief with a nice long shower and distant thunder. My, does KT love that sound! Me thinks His Majesty shall go for a Royal Ride in the Chariot and have lunch out today, just to play a bit in the rain! :D:D:lol::lol:

Glad to hear about the milder temps KT ! Hope you have a "cool" lunch :lol:

Yesterday our heat index went up to at least 103, just checked and so far today the heat index is "only" up to 101 right now :lol:

It will be a little cooler temps next week, but still humid, calling for a fair share of rain next week especially Monday thru Wednesday.

So KT, did the cool down feel like this when you went to lunch ? :laughing:
(and of course that is a "king" size sub sandwich ! :lol:)
KTs cool lunch.jpg

Gary, make that a King-sized Diet Dr. Pepper! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT arrived at the restuarant, it was was raining cats and dogs, managed to get in, ordered my food....in about 5 minutes the power went out! It popped back on in about 20 seconds, and suddenly from the center of the ceiling came a water fall! Quick! Out came the trash cans! Then just as quickly it stopped. Seems that in the ceiling there is a rain catchment basin with an electric pump. Doing good til the power went out, basin overflowed! But when power came back on it quickly caught up and working well again! Only in the South would you fix a leaky roof that way! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Reminded me of the original Arkansas Traveler song. Tells about coming upon a fellow sitting under a porch, roof leaking in the shack, Traveler asks when you fixing that roof? Porch sitter says, well, it only leaks when it rains, and I do not want to get wet going up there an fixin' it in the rain! HA HA:shock::lol::lol:

Gary, make that a King-sized Diet Dr. Pepper! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT arrived at the restuarant, it was was raining cats and dogs, managed to get in, ordered my food....in about 5 minutes the power went out! It popped back on in about 20 seconds, and suddenly from the center of the ceiling came a water fall! Quick! Out came the trash cans! Then just as quickly it stopped. Seems that in the ceiling there is a rain catchment basin with an electric pump. Doing good til the power went out, basin overflowed! But when power came back on it quickly caught up and working well again! Only in the South would you fix a leaky roof that way! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Reminded me of the original Arkansas Traveler song. Tells about coming upon a fellow sitting under a porch, roof leaking in the shack, Traveler asks when you fixing that roof? Porch sitter says, well, it only leaks when it rains, and I do not want to get wet going up there an fixin' it in the rain! HA HA:shock::lol::lol:

:laughing: hey, that's what they make umbrellas for, right ? :laughing:

......sounds like you had an interesting time at lunch KT ! :laughing:

Okay KT, since they got the wrong soda, not only did they replace your Dr. Pepper with a king size diet Dr. Pepper, they upgraded your sub sandwich from "king" size to super "king" size at no extra cost :laughing:
KTs cool lunch2.jpg

Last edited:
We've been getting rain regularly, but noting yet today. At least I got to mow the yard. Now I'm hearing thunder and hoping we get some rain to cool things off.

:laughing: hey, that's what they make umbrellas for, right ? :laughing:

......sounds like you had an interesting time at lunch KT ! :laughing:

Okay KT, since they got the wrong soda, not only did they replace your Dr. Pepper with a king size diet Dr. Pepper, they upgraded your sub sandwich from "king" size to super "king" size at no extra cost :laughing:
View attachment 488562

Now that is Royally Great! Thanks, Gary!

We've been getting rain regularly, but noting yet today. At least I got to mow the yard. Now I'm hearing thunder and hoping we get some rain to cool things off.

Well, KT just came in from checking the Castles Royal Rain Gauge and we got 1.25" today! Not bad at all!

Rain ? What the Hell is that ?

It is that stuff that everyone runs in, gets their feet wet and acts like it will kill them if they get it on them!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Had Reserve duty past couple of weeks in Vegas and it was averaging 105-110 on most days. I was never so happy to get back to Ohio with 85 degrees and 90% humidity. I almost needed a jacket, even after being in it I still don't buy that " It's a dry heat" BS. At least when it's humid I know there is water around somewhere.

Had Reserve duty past couple of weeks in Vegas and it was averaging 105-110 on most days. I was never so happy to get back to Ohio with 85 degrees and 90% humidity. I almost needed a jacket, even after being in it I still don't buy that " It's a dry heat" BS. At least when it's humid I know there is water around somewhere.

KT thanks you for your service, T-man! KT knows it is always great to be home!

Well all good things must end. It's been dry and heat index over 105 the past 3 days. Meanwhile, KT is trying to lay in enough Royal Firewood for next winter! :laughing::laughing: Nothing like poor timing! KT has a cord cut and partially split and is now resplitting the oversized and stacking it. The wood splitter is on the Castles back porch and KT has a box fan on high blowing on him while splitting and stacking! NO, not splitting with a maul! That ended for KT a few years ago, when His Majesty listened to the Queen and purchased a mechanical splitter. It is not a big splitter, nor high production, but KT is retired and it works at the King's pace, and splits up to 20" diameter rounds. When it is larger than that, KT pulls out the Harbor Freight 10 ton hand powered splitter and it breaks anything He puts on it. Once split once, then it is on to the smaller splitter to finish up. Anyway, KT has split 6 garden cart loads from the pile in the last 2 days and plans on getting at least one load done tomorrow, tomorrow CRHing day and nothing may interfere with THAT Royal Activity! :laughing::laughing:

Well all good things must end. It's been dry and heat index over 105 the past 3 days. Meanwhile, KT is trying to lay in enough Royal Firewood for next winter! :laughing::laughing: Nothing like poor timing! KT has a cord cut and partially split and is now resplitting the oversized and stacking it. The wood splitter is on the Castles back porch and KT has a box fan on high blowing on him while splitting and stacking! NO, not splitting with a maul! That ended for KT a few years ago, when His Majesty listened to the Queen and purchased a mechanical splitter. It is not a big splitter, nor high production, but KT is retired and it works at the King's pace, and splits up to 20" diameter rounds. When it is larger than that, KT pulls out the Harbor Freight 10 ton hand powered splitter and it breaks anything He puts on it. Once split once, then it is on to the smaller splitter to finish up. Anyway, KT has split 6 garden cart loads from the pile in the last 2 days and plans on getting at least one load done tomorrow, tomorrow CRHing day and nothing may interfere with THAT Royal Activity! :laughing::laughing:

Well it is finally finished and KT has laid in half the Royal Supply of Firewood for the next two years...KT likes to keep twice the amount of wood necessary, letting the newer wood age out well. With Ida coming ashore today, KT expects some rain tomorrow, and when that is gone, then He will get one more trailer load to finish up this effort. Once that is done KT will take a few pictures to show the finished effort, in a new thread!

Back
Top Bottom