First time CRHing

CallMeGrey

Forum Supporter
Stopped at the bank today to get 3 $20 rolls. Inspired by KT, I just had to try this out once. First roll - a SILVER!!!! 1958 Franklin. :cool3::cool3:

Attachments

• CHR#1.jpg
    CHR#1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 372
Whoa - silver in your first roll?! That's neat. Fantastic find! :thumbsup:

Stopped at the bank today to get 3 $20 rolls. Inspired by KT, I just had to try this out once. First roll - a SILVER!!!! 1958 Franklin. :cool3::cool3:

Cool! And you don’t find those long $20 rolls often.

I just thought that was a typo. When were there /where were there $20 rolls? Could this have been a "vintage" coin roll hunt for the OP? And should he go back (run, not walk) and get ALL of the long rolls he can????

CallMeGrey, what was the newest coin found in these long rolls?

I just thought that was a typo. When were there /where were there $20 rolls? Could this have been a "vintage" coin roll hunt for the OP? And should he go back (run, not walk) and get ALL of the long rolls he can????

The last $20 coin wrapper I received about ten years ago, identical to a $10, just longer, it held newer halves (and a bunch of silvers). I’ve also received Ike dollars in $20 paper rolls. Have also received shorty $3 dime wrappers. I wish I’d kept ‘em.

There were coins from the 80's and 90's in the rolls. There was also one coin with a magic marker "K" on it. So I assumed at least that roll was searched by someone else and then rolled and deposited at the bank.

I'll be going back in a week or 2 to get more. If they still have the $20 rolls, I'll get them all. :)

amc rulz said:
The last $20 coin wrapper I received about ten years ago, identical to a $10, just longer, it held newer halves (and a bunch of silvers). I’ve also received Ike dollars in $20 paper rolls. Have also received shorty $3 dime wrappers. I wish I’d kept ‘em.

Ok, so not necessarily super old, but old-er anyway. A roll of Ikes would be awesome to find. Never heard of the dime short roll either, that would be neat to see.

There were coins from the 80's and 90's in the rolls. There was also one coin with a magic marker "K" on it. So I assumed at least that roll was searched by someone else and then rolled and deposited at the bank.

I'll be going back in a week or 2 to get more. If they still have the $20 rolls, I'll get them all. :)

Yeah, sounds like a prime opportunity to do some searching from a time when silver would (presumably) be more plentiful. I think I remember seeing lots of "K" from time to time -- whoever it is they do a lot of searching. Maybe they've been at it since before these long rolls were rolled. One "K" coin could just be what got mixed in with them when they were rolled, not necessarily re-rolled by "K" themselves.

Keep us posted on how the long rolls pan out!

Finally got back to the bank. They has 5 $20 rolls left - I got them all, but they only contained a '67 Kennedy - no silver this time.

Attachments

• CoinRolls.jpg
    CoinRolls.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 254
Now you realize how big a deal it was to find a 90%er in that first roll! Glad you got the other rolls and searched them. Pretty unusual to get those rolls....KT has to deal with Loomis all the time, but still has enough luck to keep His Majesty going! :laughing::laughing:

Finally got back to the bank. They has 5 $20 rolls left - I got them all, but they only contained a '67 Kennedy - no silver this time.

Don't feel bad just yet! From 1965 to 1970 halves were made of 40% silver! :woot:

Grey, I'm confused by your post -- the '67 is not 90% silver, but still 40%. That's still silver! As I type each one is worth $3.73 silver melt value.

What Wolf-Dog said -- 1970 and older halves have silver in them.

I mentioned the '67 because I know it's 40% silver - but it's not BIG silver. ;) I like seeing that silver edge when they're all stacked nice coming out of the roll. lol

I mentioned the '67 because I know it's 40% silver - but it's not BIG silver. ;) I like seeing that silver edge when they're all stacked nice coming out of the roll. lol

Gotcha -- big silver is nice, but far and few between. While I was hunting, I turned up 2400ish 40%ers and "only" 350ish 90%ers. Oh wait, I left out the older 90%ers, that was just 1964s. Anyway, only one in seven maybe?

I do remember some of those "treasure boxes" -- most rolls having at least one silver edge showing amongst the clad -- some having many more -- it gets the adrenaline going!

Back
Top Bottom