Anyone in Southern MA/RI area?

mws_1984

Elite Member
I haven't been out in several years. Not even sure where I could hit now with all that's going on. Best hit was an 1859 IH in a farm field that another detector off here led me to. Kinda faded away from it when I wasn't really hitting anything. Same fellow member took me to a park. I had detector issues or something and he was hitting all kinds of good stuff.

But looking to get back into it perhaps on my own or with someone. Just not sure where I can go anymore.

I'm from Central MA, and if it's not locked or taped off, I go for it. If I'm asked to leave, I do so without issue. In the few years I've been at it, I've only been asked to leave somewhere a handful of times. I make sure to go to spots with low foot traffic, if any at all, like public woods or farm fields. Stay safe out there, and good luck!

I haven't been out in several years. Not even sure where I could hit now with all that's going on. Best hit was an 1859 IH in a farm field that another detector off here led me to. Kinda faded away from it when I wasn't really hitting anything. Same fellow member took me to a park. I had detector issues or something and he was hitting all kinds of good stuff.

But looking to get back into it perhaps on my own or with someone. Just not sure where I can go anymore.

mws_1984... if you are anywhere within a reasonable distance of Taunton, you ought to try the club that meets there; the Silver City Treasure Seekers. They may have members who even live in your town. Save their web site, www.silvercitytreasureseekers.net to check out for after things loosen up once the stay at home advisory has ended. Our own club, Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Assoc, which meets in Newton Highlands, has not met since February, due to the pandemic. You can find us at www.masstreasure.com.

Jim (grew up in Dartmouth)

Last edited:
I'm from Central MA, and if it's not locked or taped off, I go for it. If I'm asked to leave, I do so without issue. In the few years I've been at it, I've only been asked to leave somewhere a handful of times. I make sure to go to spots with low foot traffic, if any at all, like public woods or farm fields. Stay safe out there, and good luck!

Yeah the other day I was driving along and saw couple guys in a big field. Had me curious again. Obviously I'm hesistant to stop and talk to random people lol. Might have to research the area.

Silver City Seekers based out of Taunton, Mass has members all over Mass & RI, they can definitey hook you up with someone.

You could join as well but I doubt they're having meetings right now. Good luck, plenty of people swinging detectors in Rhode Island.

Silver City Seekers based out of Taunton, Mass has members all over Mass & RI, they can definitey hook you up with someone.

You could join as well but I doubt they're having meetings right now. Good luck, plenty of people swinging detectors in Rhode Island.

Yeah the website seemed pretty dormant as of late.

I live in central ma

Hi my name is matthew iam looking for people to take a trip to papua new Guinea to search for gold you can find fist size gold nuggets with metal detectors I would like to go soon I will find most of the cost like food shelter it will be a great adventure at least my email is [email protected] contact me any time

New member here and new detectorist from Coventry RI

Last edited:
New member here and new detectorist from RI

Hi Kevsil… Jim here, in Boston. Just wanted to mention that new forum members most often post their introduction in the “General Hobby Discussion” section. Could be why you haven’t gotten any “Welcome to the forum” replies here yet.

Anywho, let me be the first to welcome you to the hobby and to this forum.

Hi Kevsil… Jim here, in Boston. Just wanted to mention that new forum members most often post their introduction in the “General Hobby Discussion” section. Could be why you haven’t gotten any “Welcome to the forum” replies here yet.

Anywho, let me be the first to welcome you to the hobby and to this forum.

Hi Jim, I was just scrolling posts and looking more for people to meet and detect with instead of welcome replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jim, I was just scrolling posts and looking more for people to meet and detect with instead of welcome replies

I get it. A couple of Rhode Island guys on the forum are FreeBirdTim and Eastcoastdigger (Mike). Not sure what towns they’re in, though. Good luck connecting with someone near you.

I get it. A couple of Rhode Island guys on the forum are FreeBirdTim and Eastcoastdigger (Mike). Not sure what towns they’re in, though. Good luck connecting with someone near you.

Thanks Jim, but while I’ve got someone’s attention. Do you care to share how or what resources you use to research old areas or sites for relic hunting

Thanks Jim, but while I’ve got someone’s attention. Do you care to share how or what resources you use to research old areas or sites for relic hunting

Check out: historicaerials.com
And: historicmapworks.com

These seem to be the most common, I use historic aerials frequently.

Kevsil... here are a few possible helpful links to past threads in this forum:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=270918&highlight=maps+index
(I posted this one a couple of years ago)

A couple more :
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7607&highlight=maps+index
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=1610&highlight=street*names

Also, get your hands on books about town histories from towns near you (libraries in those towns are a good place to start). Browsing the Index and Table of contents alone can possibly lead you to fruitful sections of those books.

Good luck...

Kevsil... here are a few possible helpful links to past threads in this forum:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=270918&highlight=maps+index
(I posted this one a couple of years ago)

A couple more :
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7607&highlight=maps+index
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=1610&highlight=street*names

Also, get your hands on books about town histories from towns near you (libraries in those towns are a good place to start). Browsing the Index and Table of contents alone can possibly lead you to fruitful sections of those books.

Good luck...

Thank you!

I'm based in Swampscott, but do most of my hunting on the beaches around Newport and Portsmouth RI. Given MA laws, I'd rather drive to RI than deal with a fine and possible seizure of my gear.

Back
Top Bottom