CTX Screen replacement

Fishtanked363

Has anyone on here replaced their CTX 3030 screen?
If so, did it yourself or sent it in?
I sent mine in last year to have the screen replaced. Its been fine. I used it about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. Today, it turns on, but the screen is blank.
Looking to do it cheaper than minelab.

Open yours up and reconnect any flex cables and see if this fixes it. Extremely rare for a lcd display to just die.

Mine shorted out from getting water in the screen at the seam. Luckily it was when it was under warranty.

Open yours up and reconnect any flex cables and see if this fixes it. Extremely rare for a lcd display to just die.

This. Normally if there is an issue you get a dark line but not the whole lcd going out. If your lucky maybe the ribbon cable just became disconnected.

sorry i would pay the cash to have it done
to much work even if i had to pay $1000.00
i can make cash easy that would make me crazy..

Or send to me. Pay me what you feel it’s worth if it works just pay shipping if it doesn’t.

Has anyone on here replaced their CTX 3030 screen?
If so, did it yourself or sent it in?
I sent mine in last year to have the screen replaced. Its been fine. I used it about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. Today, it turns on, but the screen is blank.
Looking to do it cheaper than minelab.
I did. sent to Minelab. I had a used/blem installed but it was actually BRAND new looking. Looked better than the one replaced that's for sure. 500.00 ish if I recall.

I went the cheap route. Bought a screen from eBay for about $45. Should be here from China within the next calendar year or so. Just kidding, should be here next week. I didn’t want to spend $3-500 to send it to minelab again. Hopefully this works. If not, then I’m out $45 and off to minelab it goes.

Back
Top Bottom