Wheatie kind of day.

Bajanick

Elite Member
Got a permission for a small back yard. House was built in 1927.
Ended up with 12 Wheaties.

29s 30s 40s 41s 42d 44d 45s 46s 53s x 2 54d 55d

A 1990 $100 Dollar Mexican coin. Worth only a few US dollars.
I found the exact coin, maybe 6 months ago or a year ago I dont remember exactly when. Oddly I was just looking at it the other night while organizing my coins.

Got a bullet casing, kinda large cannot read the end, A spoon (not silver) Bearings and some other junk.

No silver, kinda odd but I am happy with the wheaties.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 06182022-1.jpg
    06182022-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 164
  • 06182022-2.jpg
    06182022-2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 06182022-3.jpg
    06182022-3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 162
Congrats on the nice wheat harvest Nick. Been a while since I've hit a site that gave up double digit wheats, You know the saying, there has got to be some silver in there somewhere. Good luck. Mark

Looks like a fun day ! Way to go on all those wheats , Congrats . Over the years I have seen several posts of people who were fooled by the Carranza coin thinking they had scored gold . They are a fun find and one of my first Mexican coins found detecting . A darn good likeness of his face in my opinion .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venustiano_Carranza

GUILTY :lol: Hunting a 1850s house I thought for sure it was a gold coin. Trying to be slick I slid it in my pouch and held my excitement for another couple hours till I got home. Cracked a beer, all happy-NOT Letdown. Was fun while it lasted.

Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!
Thanks DiggerRJ

Looks like a fun day ! Way to go on all those wheats , Congrats . Over the years I have seen several posts of people who were fooled by the Carranza coin thinking they had scored gold . They are a fun find and one of my first Mexican coins found detecting . A darn good likeness of his face in my opinion .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venustiano_Carranza

Good job in getting your fill of wheaties for the day!

This one really got me until I looked closer and I knew what it was because I had found one before. :(
Thanks Leave no coins behind

Congrats on the nice wheat harvest Nick. Been a while since I've hit a site that gave up double digit wheats, You know the saying, there has got to be some silver in there somewhere. Good luck. Mark
Yea, I went over the whole yard with the 6" coil then with the stock coil and un-notched a bit, but not one silver.
I had to be careful though because I was told there are two dogs buried in the back yard somewhere.
Thanks Mark

That square key reminded me of the old General Motors key sets. One for the locks, one for the starts :)

Back
Top Bottom