Explaining Jokes

Metal detecto

Elite Member
So I recently was told this joke:

"I bought a chicken and an egg online. I'll let you know what comes first."

I have no clue what this means, and won't be surprised if everyone is as confused as me.

If you know, please tell me, this is supposedly on the "Jokes you need to know" list.

JOsh

So I recently was told this joke:

"I bought a chicken and an egg online. I'll let you know what comes first."

I have no clue what this means, and won't be surprised if everyone is as confused as me.

If you know, please tell me, this is supposedly on the "Jokes you need to know" list.

JOsh

Don't feel bad Josh, I think that might be a fairly old joke to ask "which came first, the chicken or the egg ?"

And that is just a modern take on it since people order stuff online now :lol:

(if we really want to get technical, I believe God initially created creatures as fully formed living creatures and not as eggs, the eggs is how they multiplied after first initially being created)

.....now "why did the chicken cross the road ?" (an old corny joke :lol:)

"why did the chicken cross the road ?"

The chicken crossed the road to get to the other side ! :laughing:

I just hope the "why did the chicken cross the road ?" is one he already heard before since I just gave away the corny punch line :laughing:

So it's an analogy?

And I'm not sure you can order a chicken online... :lol:

Josh

So it's an analogy?

Josh

Analogy ? not sure, most people just think of it as a corny joke because of the obvious simple answer :laughing:

(just did a search online and it does seem like people can order chickens online :lol:)

But why did the chicken stop in the MIDDLE of the road ?
. > to lay it on the line, of course. :D

:laughing:

I thought I remembered there being variations to the standard answer, but not sure if I remember ever hearing that one :laughing:

So it's an analogy?

Josh

"Which came first? The chicken or the egg?"

I think you're close here. I don't think it's a joke at all. It's more of a riddle, or philosophical question, or now that it's been mentioned, a theological question.

Some bird that laid eggs evolved into a chicken, so the egg, no question. It never made sense to me why even ask the question. Maybe it was evolutionary/theological all along and that's the real question being asked?

Next time you are at a restaurant, order an egg salad sandwich and a chicken sandwich and answer this once and for all. :)

Next time you are at a restaurant, order an egg salad sandwich and a chicken sandwich and answer this once and for all. :)

Pure genius.

tenor (3).jpg

So simple, just ask Mr Owl. He quickly solved the how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a Tootsie roll lolly pop.

Analogy ? not sure, most people just think of it as a corny joke because of the obvious simple answer :laughing:

(just did a search online and it does seem like people can order chickens online :lol:)

:laughing:

I thought I remembered there being variations to the standard answer, but not sure if I remember ever hearing that one :laughing:

We order our chicks online and they come to the local post office. We then get a call, and go pick them up. The worst part is you have to use a Q-Tip to "clean" their butts. They tend to get "packed" when they are shipped, and if you don't clean them they will not be able to expel waste. It is a process that is a little weird but necessary. (Bonus for me - the last time we got some, I was at work and my wife had to do it by herself. She said she would have never thought she would spend her morning wiping chickens *****! :laughing:

We order our chicks online and they come to the local post office. We then get a call, and go pick them up. The worst part is you have to use a Q-Tip to "clean" their butts. They tend to get "packed" when they are shipped, and if you don't clean them they will not be able to expel waste. It is a process that is a little weird but necessary. (Bonus for me - the last time we got some, I was at work and my wife had to do it by herself. She said she would have never thought she would spend her morning wiping chickens *****! :laughing:

:shock: ......learned something new today .......glad we don't order chickens online :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom