I customized a shaft for the Equinox for kicks

BlueHuntsCoins

Just wanted to share If anyone is interested in a similar shaft build for the Equinox. It's pretty much a carbon fiber monopod (bought from Aliexpress) with strong 3D printed accessories for the Nox modules (eBay). I like the monopod because you're able to screw in attachments at the end. In this case, I attached a few weights and an external battery so that I can easily charge on the go or while detecting. These also act as a form of counterweight for the entire set up which balances the weight distribution. I'm even able to screw in other accessories such as camera arms to mount my camera or phone for filming.

I love the custom ability of this shaft and the fact that it collapses really short, shorter than my previous Tele-Knox even.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-093902_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-093902_Gallery.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 442
  • Screenshot_20210717-093926_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-093926_Gallery.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_20210717-093915_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-093915_Gallery.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 409
Man that is slick! Post a link to the monopod? I like how compact that is!

Sure thing! I bought the monopod from Aliexpress since the ones on ebay are more expensive and I wanted to create something less expensive than my current Tele-Nox shaft.

Here's the link to the monopod. It's from China and it took a week and half to get here to Chicago:
https://bit.ly/3kxGk7G
You can search for it from other stores: Manbily C333.

Link to the accessories needed to make it Equinox compatible. This is from Ukraine and it took 2 weeks to get here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224467143919

Once it's a monopod, you can add accessories such as an external charger or counterweights just like how I did it. You can even screw in camera mounts or flashlights, etc. Lots of possibilities.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm glad to help out since I really like this set up compared to my Tele-Nox.

I used a Neewer monopod I got on Amazon, used rifle scope rings to mount control unit, works good but sand can get into the telescoping mechanism and be a problem, sure like the portability.

I used a Neewer monopod I got on Amazon, used rifle scope rings to mount control unit, works good but sand can get into the telescoping mechanism and be a problem, sure like the portability.

That's also a good idea! Yeah, the sand could be a problem. It's a good thing, I'm primarily a land hunter, but yeah, the portability is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom