Sterling insignia

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
Went back to the old school last night after skipping hunting the previous evening . My last hunt had only produced two Lincoln Memorial pennies .

Last night I used the 6" on the Nox and used the default settings . I ended up with a very satisfying 10 coins , a Sterling silver Merchant Marine insignia
and a bit more junk .The insignia had a very unusual number sequence bouncing from 26-27-23 but had a nice high tone . Nothing else was in the hole with it . It came out completely covered with dirt which eventually came off easily .I really like this find a lot !
Another unusual signal came from what I thought was a US copper penny but
turned out to be some kind of foreign coin I can't identify .
I scored 2 clad dimes , 1 Nickel , 4 copper memorial pennies and 2 wheats
besides the foreign coin . Thanks for looking .

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 266
Wow George that pin is awesome. First one I've seen posted. Congrats and good job on the other finds as well. Good luck, Mark

Went back to the old school last night after skipping hunting the previous evening . My last hunt had only produced two Lincoln Memorial pennies .

Last night I used the 6" on the Nox and used the default settings . I ended up with a very satisfying 10 coins , a Sterling silver Merchant Marine insignia
and a bit more junk .The insignia had a very unusual number sequence bouncing from 26-27-23 but had a nice high tone . Nothing else was in the hole with it . It came out completely covered with dirt which eventually came off easily .I really like this find a lot !
Another unusual signal came from what I thought was a US copper penny but
turned out to be some kind of foreign coin I can't identify .
I scored 2 clad dimes , 1 Nickel , 4 copper memorial pennies and 2 wheats
besides the foreign coin . Thanks for looking .

Congrats on the sterling insignia!
Thanks JAK !

Nice find Soil Surgeon, that is a special recovery!
Thank you Mr. Shiny , I agree !

Wow George that pin is awesome. First one I've seen posted. Congrats and good job on the other finds as well. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark , I never knew they even existed !

That pin is super sweet Soil! Glad your eeking goods out of that school site still!
Thanks GS , I went back tonight with an M6 with a concentric coil just to see what would happen , I think my eeking out days there are over, 2 rotten zincs and the targets I went over before and passed on turned out to be pretty much what I expected , junk ! Sure was a nice little spot though !:yes:

Back
Top Bottom