Promising new permission

stetam

Elite Member
Went out yesterday to a site close to my home. A field that is bordered by an old fire company and an 1848 Farmhouse. Started detecting near the home and I saw a young woman on the front porch. I walked over and said hello just to ask where their property line was located. She was very friendly and told me her husband detects a little just for fun and said I could detect on their property anytime I wanted. Cool! I continued hunting the farm field next to their land for about 1 1/2 hours and dug 6 buttons, 2 wheaties (1940 and 1919), the remains of a 1930's Mickey Mouse pocket watch, decorative metal latch with several fleur-de-li markings and a silver dollar sized pewter piece. Thought I had a large coin at first. Anyone have an idea what this could have been?

Anyway, her husband came home soon after I started and he showed me his detector, a bounty hunter 3300. I gave him detecting tips and will be back to hunt around the farm with him and his 5 acres real soon. I think good finds are awaiting me.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 248
... A field that is bordered by an old fire company and an 1848 Farmhouse....

And seeing as how this is in PA, then no doubt you'll be boasting of an LC or colonial copper some time soon. Just walk out the field and whistle & snap your fingers. They'll jump into your apron ! :roll:

And seeing as how this is in PA, then no doubt you'll be boasting of an LC or colonial copper some time soon. Just walk out the field and whistle & snap your fingers. They'll jump into your apron ! :roll:

I was hoping for one today. No doubt they are there:D

Steve

Some nice finds, Steve! Sounds like you have a good hunting ground there.

Looks like a heck of a spot Steve. Just imagine what that Mickey Mouse pocket watch would be worth if it were intact!

sometimes they literally do tom! the best place to find them is in colonial fields that have been worked for over 200 years. issue is getting permission! not an easy thing anymore! too much "!!!!" goin' on in the world.land owners don't want liability problems.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Today's finds from the small adjacent field in front of the house. Spent most of my time helper out the owner understanding his detector. After Doug clued me in on the age of one of the previous artifacts I'm excited to hunt there more.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 146
Back for another morning. Still no silver or old copper but relics keep showing up. I thought I got an ox knob but not sure if it is. Hollow and only one hole.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 112
Looks like it’s going to be good hunting for you.

I like that Victor tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom