New From Ft Smith Arkansas

Razorbacksrule

Never thought about getting into metal detecting but on a walk behind my house found a very old coin that had been washed out of the ground from a recent flood we had. It had obviously came down the side of the hill onto the trail I walk. I thought there might be more uphill so I purchased a cheap Bounty Hunter Tracker IV to use . Its supposed to be alot cooler 1st of next week going to give it a try !

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

That old coin find definitely got your attention !

The BH Tracker IV is a really good budget level detector, a great deal for the low price, I found a good video someone made to help those who are new to the Tracker IV -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

:mder:

Welcome aboard, from the Tall Corn State, Iowa! Can't wait to see a few pics from your upcoming hunts!

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

That old coin find definitely got your attention !

The BH Tracker IV is a really good budget level detector, a great deal for the low price, I found a good video someone made to help those who are new to the Tracker IV -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

:mder:
Thanks for the video ! Yes the old coin did get my attention wish it wasnt so hot I would be up on the side of the hill looking now over a 100° here today .

That was the very first one I purchased also. Didn't find much with it but I upgraded and found plenty. Honestly I didn't give that detector a fair shake. Learn it and it will treat you well if you have a good place to hunt

Greetings RBsRule from Driggs AR

I new here also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video ! Yes the old coin did get my attention wish it wasnt so hot I would be up on the side of the hill looking now over a 100° here today .

That is smart, no hobby is worth risking your health when it is excessively hot out.

Some years ago I suffered from heat exhaustion and the temps were not real high but the humidity was way up. I was painting in my front yard and was starting to feel drained but was almost done and pushed myself to finish, well I then felt woozy like I was close to fainting and immediately went in the house and checked my blood pressure, it went way low (heat can do that) it took me about 3 days to get back to normal - lesson learned - don't push yourself in excessive heat and/or humidity.

Coins should still be waiting for you to find when the temps are milder !

Remember, this is meant to be a FUN hobby, not an endurance test in the heat :lol:

Careful, this is a very addictive hobby. It only takes one or two cool finds and the genie is out of the bottle. Welcome to the hobby and forum from Pittsburgh, Pa. Good luck. Mark

Never thought about getting into metal detecting but on a walk behind my house found a very old coin that had been washed out of the ground from a recent flood we had. It had obviously came down the side of the hill onto the trail I walk. I thought there might be more uphill so I purchased a cheap Bounty Hunter Tracker IV to use . Its supposed to be alot cooler 1st of next week going to give it a try !

That is definitely a great reason to buy a new detector. Once it cools of where you can start putting in some serious detecting time, hopefully you will find more coins like that. If it looks like you have happened upon something more significant, you will want to seriously start thinking about a detector with more depth capabilities. But Bounty Hunter has been around a long time so that's a good starting point. Make sure you don't set your discrimination much above a nickel. Watch some good beginning videos on metal detecting because it will be important for you to learn a good search coil sweep pattern so you won't be missing a lot of coins.

Welcome from CT. Happy Hunting!

Best of luck. Im out in the river valley if you want to meet up and detect somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom