• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Duck Family Treasure

I caught a glimpse of the ad. What a joke. If that is the best Garrett can do for advertising it shows how little they have left. Although the idea of a CAMO detector sounds interesting, I think I'll pass. Someone else will have to let me know if it's any easier sneaking up on coins and gold rings with one of those. :roll:

I will watch because they are literally diggin the boot. I want to see what kind of areas they're hunting in Louisiana. They're in Monroe and when I hunt the boot, I'm way south. Totally different terrain in the two areas.

Seeing the promo with the track excavator told me all I needed to know. Garrett should have stuck with KG and Ringy.

I caught a glimpse of the ad. What a joke. If that is the best Garrett can do for advertising it shows how little they have left. Although the idea of a CAMO detector sounds interesting, I think I'll pass. Someone else will have to let me know if it's any easier sneaking up on coins and gold rings with one of those. :roll:

You got a point there. You don't even have to be quiet.

I watch for three minutes and then they brought in a small bulldozer to dig up a small item in their front yard. That was it for me. The world of metal detecting takes another hit to satisfy the revenue lust of Hollyweird.

yeah! get that money! screw everybody else! .yay for me!
pretty self explanatory when people see that!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

What I want to see is someone inventing/or upgrading a detector that will discrim aluminum junk from gold rings. They would make a honest fortune.

What I want to see is someone inventing/or upgrading a detector that will discrim aluminum junk from gold rings. They would make a honest fortune.

Probably never see it in our lifetime? As bad as some like bottle caps i don't think they are even close yet:lol:

I tried to watch it but I could not make it past the first couple of minutes.
Terrible acting.
Excavator in backyard.
One of them knows the basics of detecting but the others were swinging like the detector was a instrument from another planet.
Then they went in the warehouse and attempted to act like they had never been there before. The same warehouse where they have filmed the duck series for years. They have donated to a lot of worthwhile causes over the years but the show is terrible.

I tried to watch it but I could not make it past the first couple of minutes.
Terrible acting.
Excavator in backyard.
One of them knows the basics of detecting but the others were swinging like the detector was a instrument from another planet.
Then they went in the warehouse and attempted to act like they had never been there before. The same warehouse where they have filmed the duck series for years. They have donated to a lot of worthwhile causes over the years but the show is terrible.
A good while back i watched a vid where a guy kept banging his coil against a tree to show you the problem noises it was making. Best comment was " Quit hitting the tree idiot!"

A good while back i watched a vid where a guy kept banging his coil against a tree to show you the problem noises it was making. Best comment was " Quit hitting the tree idiot!"

If nothing else, the show will result in hundreds of detectors being sold across the country and a few people who might discover a lifetime passion.

All of the Duck Dynasty shows rely heavily on sight gags.It,s meant as entertainment not as a serious metal detecting show. They film on their own property where an excavator is a personal decision,again meant as comedy not as serious detecting.That said I don,t watch it,don,t care if any body else does or not,but it,s not a serious show. The people who do watch aren,t going to judge any other hunters because of this show,they just don,t care about that kind of thing.To them it,s the Duck Dynasty boys that get their attention,not what they,re doing.

Back
Top Bottom