Been busy the past two weeks Civil War hunting

Barneymartin3

Got out the last two weeks to hunt a new private permission before the snakes come out and found all these wonderful Civil War artifacts. Found 86 bullets (Gardners, Enfield, 3 ringers, carbine, & burnside bullets), 15 canister shot, 24 musket balls, 17 artillery fragments, 12 artillery sabots, 5 artillery fuses (Hotchkiss), Two halves of an exploded Hotchkiss shell reassembled with other found fragments from the same shell, and a set of chess/checker pieces made from Confederate Gardner bullets. The knees are wore out and time for a break until next fall..

Attachments

• FINDS.jpg
    FINDS.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 673
  • Shells and Sabots.jpg
    Shells and Sabots.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 671
  • HOTCHKISS SHELL.jpg
    HOTCHKISS SHELL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 673
  • Game pieces.jpg
    Game pieces.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 658
Definitely busy! Solid finds, if you don't mind me asking any location ideas where you are? State?

Those are some nice digs. Congrats on a nice variety of civ, And great couple weeks of hunting. Keep after it you may pull a nice buckle.

great finds

has the heat swept in to E. TN yet? Here in Atlanta 98 degrees with a feel like 100. Hottest June I can remember.

snakes, bugs, heat, weeds are here now so my relic hunting will wait for the fall. Will be doing some water hunting.

Man, what a private permission! Don't need to know location, but was it a camp, skirmish site? You must have been the first detectorist on that permission. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom