Online metal detecting course? Are you serious, NuggetNoggin?

Another thingI do is, if a kid is trying to dig a deep hole at the beach and I'm passing by. I'll take my scoop and dig them a hole. About 4 scoops and they're happy. That also gets a big thumbs up from the parents.

I will have to try that. On another note, not long ago me and my GF were detecting and a field trip of kids asked what i was doing. One asked if they could have the dime i found and i let them have it. Next thing you know i looked like the pied piper. My GF was laughing and wished she would have had her camera phone on her:lol:

I will have to try that. On another note, not long ago me and my GF were detecting and a field trip of kids asked what i was doing. One asked if they could have the dime i found and i let them have it. Next thing you know i looked like the pied piper. My GF was laughing and wished she would have had her camera phone on her:lol:

LOL. I've found if you do just a little act of kindness for the kid, you won't have as many questions from the parents.

I can’t resist…..

Attachments

• 1D19ABFE-C33D-473D-8C75-B28E47A9C833.jpeg
    1D19ABFE-C33D-473D-8C75-B28E47A9C833.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 184
This thread makes me really wish we had a dislike button.
Ton of I know better then the other guy people.

Sorry, but if you're charging hundreds of dollars for your service, you had better show proof to justify that price. Just being a nice guy isn't good enough, in my opinion.

Why is it that every YouTube metal detectorist now feels the need to make a buck off of their "fame"? Got an email from Nugget Noggin today promoting his new online metal detecting course! Are you serious? How on earth can you teach someone to metal detect online? Can't wait to see how much he's going to charge for his wisdom and knowledge of this hobby.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, but he's not an expert by any means. I've watched dozens of his videos and never saw him find anything significant. Seems kind of arrogant to be charging for his "expert" knowledge of this hobby. Just my take on it...

Few select guys in this hobbie with a YouTube channel have lost they're minds :laughing:

My wife once suggested that I teach metal detecting for a fee. She just did not understand our hobby.

I explained to her it just does not work that way. You buy a detector, you read forums, buy books and learn how to do it. No one is going to pay to an instructor to learn detecting. Or at least I have never heard of anyone doing that.

Maybe Ed the Beach hunter can charge people to learn how to plant finds and then find them on his youtube videos. He is pretty good at that.

Now nugget has a pretty young lady with him "Daisy". The only female youtube metal detecting young woman that I liked was "Relic Recoverist" Joycelyn.
She seemed to really know the hobby and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Anyone who does that is an idiot...

I know someone who showed a gold ring to a couple who asked him if he found anything... so he shows them... 15 minutes later the couple is heading towards him again with a cop guess what they described the ring to a T and he had to give it up...

I never find gold.. I only have a a pouchful of junk and coins and if I did find it... it doesn't go in the finds pouch.. I remember watching video's of VB hunters who had carabiners attached to their shoulders while they hunted with gold rings on them.... no wonder people don't like us...

There was a guy locally here in Atlanta and found a diamond ring in the parking lot. He posted a photo of the ring on Nextdoor and quickly found the owner. :laughing:

I guess i must have a short attention span. I rarely can watch a You tube video for very long By the time they get thru the two or three minute lead in I have lost interest and gone elsewhere. I don't need a coil swinging back and forth with weird tones playing. I dont need to see someone walking down the beach and watching the surf break. If you want me to watch your video make it interesting and don't use a bunch of fluff to make it longer. Grumpy will shut up now.
Amen.

... I know someone who showed a gold ring to a couple who asked him if he found anything... so he shows them... 15 minutes later the couple is heading towards him again with a cop guess what they described the ring to a T and he had to give it up......

Cfmct, you have posted this story before. Can you acknowledge this was a fluke ? Ie.: The odds of this happening are rare exceptions. I've been at this for over 45 yrs, for example, and never seen this happen or heard of this happening. NOT DENYING that it happened to the guy-you-know. But just asking : Can you acknowledge this is a fluke ?

Because, to carry your example further by illustration :

"I know someone who went shopping at Costco. He got mugged in the parking lot. Ergo : No one should go shopping at Costco".
:?:

Cfmct, you have posted this story before. Can you acknowledge this was a fluke ? Ie.: The odds of this happening are rare exceptions. I've been at this for over 45 yrs, for example, and never seen this happen or heard of this happening. NOT DENYING that it happened to the guy-you-know. But just asking : Can you acknowledge this is a fluke ?

"I know someone who went shopping at Costco. He got mugged in the parking lot. Ergo : No one should go shopping at Costco".

Things must be slow around here Tom :lol: Asking me this a week after I posted it... just because you haven't come across it doesn't mean its not frequent...

Do you really think if some gullible guy detecting has it happen to him he will post about it on these forums for members to call him a jackass?

There are a lot of wishful thinkers in our hobby who believe in words like karma... I do not...

When I read some guy finds a ring then returns it and finds another and he proclaims it because of the feel good word karma helped him find it... no it didn't his coil went over it.... why doesn't he now place an ad for this newest ring? karma like a said is a feel good word for those who need to believe in something.

So no I will not agree with your opinion...

So no I will not agree with your opinion...

cfmct, You're no fun today :tissue:

As far as Karma goes, I agree with you. I think that's an eastern origin tenet. But the reality is : You can live your entire life being altruistic, and end up on the short-end of the stick.

But I would rather be altruistic my whole life, even if I ended up poor and taken-advantage of. The point of life isn't tit-for-tat, is it ? I mean, if you help a little old lady across the street, are you doing it because you think she'll give you $5 ? Are you doing it so that you have good luck later on that day ? Or are you doing it just to be kind EVEN if you never got something in return ? You get the point ;)

cfmct, You're no fun today :tissue:

As far as Karma goes, I agree with you. I think that's an eastern origin tenet. But the reality is : You can live your entire life being altruistic, and end up on the short-end of the stick.

But I would rather be altruistic my whole life, even if I ended up poor and taken-advantage of. The point of life isn't tit-for-tat, is it ? I mean, if you help a little old lady across the street, are you doing it because you think she'll give you $5 ? Are you doing it so that you have good luck later on that day ? Or are you doing it just to be kind EVEN if you never got something in return ? You get the point ;)

Check with me on another day I'll let you know when I have fun scheduled into my vocabulary... today isn't it... I do all cooking here... doesn't mean I enjoy cooking for everyone one coming here today... :lol:

Check with me on another day I'll let you know when I have fun scheduled into my vocabulary... today isn't it... I do all cooking here... doesn't mean I enjoy cooking for everyone one coming here today... :lol:

You really know how to spoil Diana. :roll:

I have a cheap story... years ago I watched a guy drive out of Bj's wholesale club with his wallet on roof of car.. it dropped he kept going, I grabbed wallet then found his number in wallet so I called him... I could hear his wife berating him.. must have had phone on speaker... then came back I gave him his wallet he went to give me a $20 and a thank you... the wife snatched to the $20 from his hand then continued the tongue lashing... felt sorry for the guy... I wasn't expecting anything... last few years I have returned 3 wallets and 3 phones found in parking lots and roads... I didn't get anything from them except a cute woman gave me some fresh baked brownies when I refused her reward for finding her Iphone... it amazes me how many place valuables on the roofs of their cars and forgets them...

You guys who don't believe in karma. How inhumane. Y'all studying the teachings of MITA ?

Ps...does Lady Di ever read this stuff ?🤣

You guys who don't believe in karma. How inhumane. Y'all studying the teachings of MITA ?

Ps...does Lady Di ever read this stuff ?🤣

She has no time for this hobby or board... she watches Dr.pimple popper all the time she is home...

Who is mita?

Back
Top Bottom