New From Northern Indiana

Blackbelt760

Haven't found my buried treasure yet so I can retire, but sure am having fun.
Great to be outdoors enjoying nature with a detector.
Purchased a Nokta Simplex+ and Pulse Dive pin pointer 2 months ago after reading many reviews and watching YouTubes; so far I like it. Detects deeper than I care to dig. -;)..so I usually ease off on the sensitivity.

My thrill is not so much finding something valuable, (although I would not object), The fun for me is wondering after a find, "Who, What, Where & How"
(i.e) "Oh look, a spoon in the middle of nowhere, how did it get here?..How old is it? Why or how did it get here?"

Seems to be differing opinion on what to dig and what to ignore. Some say dig everything; some say just go after the high number value targets. I'm in the latter group for now; with full understanding I could be missing something very cool; possibly of value.

I suppose much depends on the site we are searching. For me, parks, field and wooded areas is Park mode 1 or 2. I did try "All Metal"..LOL..sure dug a lot and found a lot of nothing, so I'll probably stick with the Park modes.

The technology is quite amazing compared to 30 yrs ago when I had a cheap detector; lost interest quickly.

My other hobbies that take precedence over MT are astro-photography and amateur radio.

I've enjoyed reading the forums and learning from the vets.

Haven't found my buried treasure yet so I can retire, but sure am having fun.
Great to be outdoors enjoying nature with a detector.
Purchased a Nokta Simplex+ and Pulse Dive pin pointer 2 months ago after reading many reviews and watching YouTubes; so far I like it. Detects deeper than I care to dig. -;)..so I usually ease off on the sensitivity.

My thrill is not so much finding something valuable, (although I would not object), The fun for me is wondering after a find, "Who, What, Where & How"
(i.e) "Oh look, a spoon in the middle of nowhere, how did it get here?..How old is it? Why or how did it get here?"

Seems to be differing opinion on what to dig and what to ignore. Some say dig everything; some say just go after the high number value targets. I'm in the latter group for now; with full understanding I could be missing something very cool; possibly of value.

I suppose much depends on the site we are searching. For me, parks, field and wooded areas is Park mode 1 or 2. I did try "All Metal"..LOL..sure dug a lot and found a lot of nothing, so I'll probably stick with the Park modes.

The technology is quite amazing compared to 30 yrs ago when I had a cheap detector; lost interest quickly.

My other hobbies that take precedence over MT are astro-photography and amateur radio.

I've enjoyed reading the forums and learning from the vets.

Welcome Blackbelt760! I hope are enjoying your Simplex and will continue to share your experiences. I just recommended a Simplex to a lady near me who had been expressing an interest in detecting. I think she is hoping to get her retired husband out of the house more. There are lots of educational videos on YouTube on the Simplex that you can check into.

Welcome from North Atlanta.

I have a neat little SDR. Sold my Icom to get some $$$ for my new CTX3030.

but later wanted to get back into SWL so bought a $100 SDR. Kept my antennas. The SDR works amazingly good.

Metal detecting gets you off the computer and out of the house. Good for the spirit and body.

Welcome, from the Tall Corn State, Iowa! And, by the way, the best way to detect is to figure out what works best for you and what you enjoy in terms of outcomes.

Last edited:
Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

.....and remember one of the biggest things to finding good finds is location, location, location, cause you can't find what ain't there :D

Welcome from CT! Your optimism and determination will go a long way. Happy Hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from East Central Indiana. You might check out east Central Indiana Treasure Hunters on Facebook. Great club.

Hey man welcome.. I'm in northern Indiana as well. I got out of the hobby 7 years ago and look at this my little guy is turning 7 next week and I got him a Simplex as well.. something he and I can grow in

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom