• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

๐Ÿ‘ฎ!โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿš”๐Ÿ‘ฎ!โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿš” Metal Detecting... you are probably breaking the law if.....๐Ÿ‘ฎ!โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿš”๐Ÿ‘ฎ!โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿš”

Even if there was 100 tons of gold there, is there any legal grounds for the person who finds it, to be entitled to any of it?

MITW, don't stop there. Expand your question to ANY speck of public land, at ANY level in the USA. Eg.: City, county, state, federal. Of any sub-type within any of those categories.

On ALL public land anywhere, of any level, there will ALWAYS be some boiler plate minutia that forbids harvest, remove, take, steal, etc.... Can such verbiage be said to apply to the stuff we md'rs find ? SURE ! Just keep asking long enough and hard enough, and you'll eventually find someone to tell you that.

But this is all a moot point in the case of Dent's Run. It's a silly side conversation in this case, because : THERE WAS/IS NOTHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE !

MITW, don't stop there. Expand your question to ANY speck of public land, at ANY level in the USA. Eg.: City, county, state, federal. Of any sub-type within any of those categories.

On ALL public land anywhere, of any level, there will ALWAYS be some boiler plate minutia that forbids harvest, remove, take, steal, etc.... Can such verbiage be said to apply to the stuff we md'rs find ? SURE ! Just keep asking long enough and hard enough, and you'll eventually find someone to tell you that.

But this is all a moot point in the case of Dent's Run. It's a silly side conversation in this case, because : THERE WAS/IS NOTHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE !

You remind me of the big Bully who told me Santa didn't exist when I was 17

Back
Top Bottom