New

Bamill121

Tried this hobby out a few times in the past. I'm wanting to keep it up this time. I've been doing some research and watching a lot of videos on you tube. Please don't judge. Just trying to get as much information as I can.

I do have a question about the Jacksonville Beach. I was there on Sunday 5 Dec 2021. The cheap OMMO detector I got off of Amazon, kept giving low tones like the whole beach was covered with iron. Has anyone had this happen?

Thank you in advance with any information y'all can help with.
43f463a2251c71fab687c0e6a64edf23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Tried this hobby out a few times in the past. I'm wanting to keep it up this time. I've been doing some research and watching a lot of videos on you tube. Please don't judge. Just trying to get as much information as I can.

I do have a question about the Jacksonville Beach. I was there on Sunday 5 Dec 2021. The cheap OMMO detector I got off of Amazon, kept giving low tones like the whole beach was covered with iron. Has anyone had this happen?

Thank you in advance with any information y'all can help with.

You are probably using a single frequency detector.. I looked at that line hunt the dirt with it stay off the beach... salt and minerals will make the detector sound off its not made for beach hunting...

Answer me something the ad says it doesn't use batteries for its power source instead it uses air?

To beach hunt you need to invest in a higher end name brand detector.

It uses two, nine volt batteries. I don't know what they mean by air either.

I am already looking for something better.

Welcome from Colorado! Some areas ARE heavily mineralized (either naturally or through land fill and can make hunting quite dificult)...I was in a park last week that appeared to be so heavily mineralized with iron that I couldn't keep my machine from steadily chattering until dropped the sensitivity to its absolute lowest setting. I found one quarter very near the surface because of this - but didn't stay long. You'll learn best by just keeping on keeping on...playing around with your machine and asking questions...trust me - it's worth it!

Welcome from Colorado! Some areas ARE heavily mineralized (either naturally or through land fill and can make hunting quite dificult)...I was in a park last week that appeared to be so heavily mineralized with iron that I couldn't keep my machine from steadily chattering until dropped the sensitivity to its absolute lowest setting. I found one quarter very near the surface because of this - but didn't stay long. You'll learn best by just keeping on keeping on...playing around with your machine and asking questions...trust me - it's worth it!
Thank you for the inspiration and information.

Back
Top Bottom