• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

-3rd Hunt with the 540-

mpmccann

Went back to the same park, didn't have long to hunt so didn't get much. Also, this park is full of trash.
I believe that I am obtaining the ability to identify deep cans now. ("found my fair share already :lol:") The signal sounds really good, VDI #’s are close to penny but just a little low sometimes (17,18), and it says 2-4 inches but is always deeper like 8-10 inches. Also, I am starting to realize the ability to tell the size when pinpointing. I have thought about doing a custom program and start notching out the signals that I am not digging anyway, just to see if that helps. This is what I found minus the cans and slaw. I know it's not much but enjoy. HH...
-Matt

Attachments

• Third Hunt 540 (2).jpg
    Third Hunt 540 (2).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 177
Nice job! I have a Vanquish 440 and I know what you mean about the pinpoint sizing. I mostly look for coins, and I try to avoid signals that pinpoint large, but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me. Yesterday I hit a shallow 12-13 signal that was pinpointing really strangely. I thought it was trash, but it turned out to be a gold chain!

I usually hunt with my 540 in either coin or jewellery mode, depending where I am. Last week I was in a park woods and found a crusty old wrench using the relic mode. It's a fun machine, I'm still learning how to use it too.

I usually hunt with my 540 in either coin or jewellery mode, depending where I am. Last week I was in a park woods and found a crusty old wrench using the relic mode. It's a fun machine, I'm still learning how to use it too.

I have still only used coin mode on my 540. I am going to start venturing out to jewelry mode and I have made a custom mode out of coin mode for next hunt too. :D

Nice job! I have a Vanquish 440 and I know what you mean about the pinpoint sizing. I mostly look for coins, and I try to avoid signals that pinpoint large, but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me. Yesterday I hit a shallow 12-13 signal that was pinpointing really strangely. I thought it was trash, but it turned out to be a gold chain!

You never know unless you dig it, right? I wish I had that 10” coil to complete the trifecta…:cool3:

Back
Top Bottom