Time for a New Coil - Which One?

pballwiz

Looking for some advice on a new coil for my Minelab E-trac.
My 13" Detech Ultimate coil is toast. It has served me well over the years.
Wondering if I should buy another or maybe Get something slightly larger like one of the Cors coils.
I still have the stock coil which I really dislike. My go-to for now is my Detech 10x5 SEF but I really want to get a larger full-sized coil, I don't want to go over 15". Oh, and I also have a a little Sun Ray X-5 Stealth coil ( I call it the hockey puck).
Any opinions/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks !

I've been eyeballing the 10x14 Detech. I'm ok with my 8" and I like my Pro 11" but I'd like a little more ground coverage for my Etrac for the open fields. I get itchy but haven't jumped on one yet. Now that I'm in a holding pattern I probably won't get one anytime soon.

Good luck!

I stumbled upon a 11 x 12 Nel SuperFly that looks pretty cool. I really dislike the stock 11" pro coil that comes with the e-trac. Some people like it, I'm not one of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Super Fly worked great while it worked. I praised it as a light, stable, deep coil until I picked up and intermittent loss of detecting power. I had my threshold hum, but was going long periods with out any signals. So I threw a screw cap on the ground and got nothing. Long story short the cable is too long. It kinked at both ends. I couldn't collapse my shaft as much as I wanted to. That pressure finally must have pulled a wire or created and short/open circuit. I thought about getting another one and adding a few more coils in the coiled area of the cable, but that's done at the factory. So now I run a 12" SEF. Like noted above it is a little heavy, but has done very well for me. I don't much care for the stock coil either. Doesn't seem to be as reactive as the SEF and the Superfly. GL & HH.

Back
Top Bottom