Found my gold

ArthurEvans

My first real gold (not counting costume jewelry)!

Found 8 or 9 inches down on a gravelly, salty, damp boat beach, with the AT Pro. Dug up a bushel or two of bottle caps, lead sinkers, spark plugs, and lobster trap wire first. Ready to quit for the day... My eyes were so glazed over, it took a minute or so before it filtered through to my brain.

10 grams!

C12B8E37-A6E1-45E1-B0F5-E65FC1E72434.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!!
I thought MD at the Cape was verboten; but I guess only at the state beaches?
I’ve done some at the Vineyard, but no gold yet!
By the by, I’m right over the hill from you in Clove Valley; directly below the Mountain House.
-Adrienne

Beautiful!!
I thought MD at the Cape was verboten; but I guess only at the state beaches?
I’ve done some at the Vineyard, but no gold yet!
By the by, I’m right over the hill from you in Clove Valley; directly below the Mountain House.
-Adrienne

The Cape Cod national seashore is off limits. Other than that, the rest is fair game. The National seashore is the dark green areas on this picture:
cape-cod-regional-map.jpg
Of course some just go for it, but from what I have heard, your gear can be confiscated, so do your homework before trying. Nice gold Arthur, congrats!

Thanks!

Thanks, all.

Yes, the National Seashore is closed to metal detecting, but town beaches that I've gone to are open - thanks for the helpful map, cellrdwellr.

Hi Adrienne! See you in the field!

What a feeling that was I'm sure. Congratulations on a nice size ring may it be your first of many!

Nice beefy goldie!

OK, Tom-in-CA, here we go again. Cape Cod National Seashore (as clearly defined in the US Constitution) "Land above Mean High Water". Does this mean that the coastline below Mean High Water is fair game? Why not?

Last edited:
Congrats on the ring! Always a good day at the sight of gold.

How exciting that must have been for you! Nice job uncovering your first gold ring! :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom