Is it worth hunting on a rocky beach?

metalhound

One place that I thought about MD is on a rocky beach that I have in mind. I am, however, a novice and before I take the trip I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting my time. Your suggestions are always welcome. TIA
Below is a photo of the shoreline similar to the one question:

Attachments

• beach-rocks.jpg
    beach-rocks.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 533
If you've got a strong scoop, then anything is possible. My question though is, do people frequent that area? Do they go in the water? If the answer is no, or not many, then you might be better off going somewhere else where its a bit easier to hunt.

Are the rocks covered in sand in the late spring?

Do tourists hang out on the sand/beach in the summer?

Is there something attracting people to spend money… food, recreation, amusement park?

If yes, then yes.

R5

I have hunted spots in So.Cal like that and its pretty much a waste of time. Due to the fact I like to dig volume targets. That's not possible in those rocks. Walking in those takes time and it's easy to trip up. Very few swimmers navigate those either. Surfers are a different story. I always use a shovel. A pinpointer helps as well. If there is some history , give it a try. GL....

Usually rocks are a sign of erosion, the sand is the first to get stripped out to sea. You live in Jersey, so plenty of history... I'd be hitting that for sure :yes: good luck out there, and keep us posted please!

Check for photos from the past 100 years or so. I would give it a try regardless. Nothing to lose but possibly everything to gain.

I'd hunt there. Will it be painful? Yes. Will you find stuff? Yes.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Usually rocks are a sign of erosion, the sand is the first to get stripped out to sea. You live in Jersey, so plenty of history... I'd be hitting that for sure :yes: good luck out there, and keep us posted please!
My theory is that heavy winds, waves and high tides will wash targets in but these rocks would not let them back out to sea. I just might give it a try. I will let all know how it turns out. :mder:

If it was normally in the water and sanded and now it's rock and clay then HIT IT HARD. if it's just like the picture shows I wouldn't waste my time unless you want to destroy your scoop, get busted up finger nails, and find a ton of nothing. But as mentioned do your historical research.

Good Question

I think the king of hunting rocks , can answer that question Cfm-ct , as my opinion , NO WAY HOZAY :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I like sand NO rocks :D

Is that a picture of one of Craig's beaches in Connecticut? :laughing:

Felix

Close , you ever want a work out , head North , I am fine here :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Craig's the man , he's used to moving rock's , land scape , hunt , climb , rocks not a problem for him :jawdrop::shrug::surrender::yikes::crazy:, OBN can join you for another CT / Craig adventure , Ill pass :hide:

Is that a picture of one of Craig's beaches in Connecticut? :laughing:

OH, so that's why he expects so much from a scoop. I've been seeing it wrong! My opinion? I absolutely HATE rocks. That's when I said no to even pebbles and went to the nice, wet sand. AHHH so much better. I would not.

But don't take this as a serious suggestion, as some said, I have "Have NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL" :lol:

I love that quote :laughing: :cool3:

OH, so that's why he expects so much from a scoop. I've been seeing it wrong! My opinion? I absolutely HATE rocks. That's when I said no to even pebbles and went to the nice, wet sand. AHHH so much better. I would not.

But don't take this as a serious suggestion, as some said, I have "Have NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL" :lol:

I love that quote :laughing: :cool3:
What was said was : You have NO experience compared to guys who have hunted for decades. Especially for an alleged 12 yr old. Unless of course....YOUR NOT 12 YEARS OLD ! 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom