Anyone use 1 recovery speed on the Equinox?

recovery room 1

I tried it today, in a "lightly" trashy area ... tough ride. though I can tell it certainly changes the aspect of "depth" it also certainly increases masking and falsing. I dug up a lot of nails that would show a high VDI/tone on their outskirts. though I did find an old wheatie that was a good 6 inches under.

over all, I had trouble with the falsing on iron edges (curling?) and would change the recovery as a method to isolate the target. but certainly the recovery 1 stood out compared to what usually use (3-5).

Was thinking it might see reeeeeal deep silver with sloooooow sweep speed? Any luck?

Check my post from today. I used it in recovery speed 1 and 2(nox 800)came out with some goodies including silver from this site I have been pounding. All coins today 8 inches or deeper in dirt, ontop of that was matted goldenrod that added another 2 or 3inches

Im gonna try the recovery speed on lower than a 6. Im thinking of ordering some nox books to shed light on how it all works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am in a spot where I can which is rare I lower it to 4-5. It gets awful deep set on 6 if the ground has plenty of moisture.

Do you find the depth meter to be at all accurate?

I asked because some places I hunt, I really need to be careful with “extra” digging. Same goes for when the pin point is off the mark. I hate having to make the hole wider or too deep.

Do you find the depth meter to be at all accurate?

People say it's "worthless", but I wouldn't say that at all. There's also subtle audio modulation. More subtle than the AT Pro's audio modulation, but it's there.

But, I also fully expect the depth meter to get "fooled" when objects stray from the typical size/conductivity benchmark every detector has to determine depth.

Take tone PITCH out of the equation and see how you do.

Hunt in 2 tones (iron/low foil versus high foil and up) in an area that isn't too trashy. Use your ears to listen for the loudest, solid, small to medium sized high tones. Verify them as 2-4 inches on the depth meter and dig. Repeat 10 times. Are you digging mostly objects in the 0-4" range?

Now only listen for the quieter, softer but still solid and repeatable, high tones. This can be a real challenge for people who have trained their brains to react to signals that knock their socks off and ignore the little blips around those attention getters. They're going to be harder to find because of masking and because they're just rare. Verify the depth meter has the target at a solid 6"+. Dig. Repeat 10 times. Are you digging mostly objects in the 6"+ range?

If so, then your depth meter and audio modulation work well enough. But, your "ears" might need more training once you re-introduce both volume AND multiple tone pitches together, along with all of the other clues that have to considered to lead to a dig/no dig decision.

I used the slow recovery speed a couple of times to deal with EMI. I think the reason most people don't feel that the Nox has good audio modulation is that they are cranking the sensitivity up needlessly way too high. You don't even begin to lose andy noticeable depth until you get down below 18 on the sensitivity if you have a good set of headphones. I usually run mine around 21/22 or even less.

beephead

I usually run mine around 21/22 or even less.

beephead

Same here. I only run 23+ sensitivity when the ground is very clean, and I regularly check the iron audio to make sure. If it thickens up then I turn down the sensitivity accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom