• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus II 9 inch or 11 inch coil

9" I have very messy EMF environments I'm hoping it will work in. Also, when I analyze my detecting habits, I generally detect in discrete places and tight spots, or old home foundations where it's harder to maneuver a larger coil amongst the vegetation. I'm also hoping it has some resistance to electric fences. I have one site in particular that has given up some nice finds, an old school house foundation, but the electric fence is close to the actual foundation making detecting the entrance side virtually impossible. The towns and cities I detect in were founded in the 1830's so there's plenty of potential history to be recovered. EMF on these sites is my #1 hurdle.

JP

I got the 9”, just like I had on my original Deus. Plenty of coverage and depth capabilities for my soil, plus it’s lighter and can get in tight places better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the 11''. I hunt mostly fields and hunted out parks. If I like the machine I will get the 9'' and the 13'' if it becomes available.

9" I have very messy EMF environments I'm hoping it will work in. Also, when I analyze my detecting habits, I generally detect in discrete places and tight spots, or old home foundations where it's harder to maneuver a larger coil amongst the vegetation. I'm also hoping it has some resistance to electric fences. I have one site in particular that has given up some nice finds, an old school house foundation, but the electric fence is close to the actual foundation making detecting the entrance side virtually impossible. The towns and cities I detect in were founded in the 1830's so there's plenty of potential history to be recovered. EMF on these sites is my #1 hurdle.

JP

Without a doubt^^^^^^EMI is for me also an absolute, complete and confounding issue only made worse by a huge coil. By the time you’ve turned down the sensitivity to stabilize the machine, you haven’t gained much of anything with that bigger coil. I still use them, but wouldn’t with the D2 as it’s DNA is already pretty sparky.

Got mine with the 9", will order a smaller and /or larger if they come out with one, but for overall usage, the 9" is perfect.

I went with the 9” coil

Guess what?
There is a good chance. Lot of those previous door knocks you have done. You might go back to some of them and find some older coins. Best part would be if you can remember where these different sites were the most polluted.

Guess what?
There is a good chance. Lot of those previous door knocks you have done. You might go back to some of them and find some older coins. Best part would be if you can remember where these different sites were the most polluted.

I have a few 1700’s sites that are iron filled I’ll go back and try with

I went with the 9" as majority of my sites are trash or iron filled. Also most are compromised with brush or understory trees. I do have fields so figured I'll get the 11" later for that when they become available.

Back
Top Bottom