• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Opinions on pin pointer

oldkoot

Elite Member
I have been using the same pin pointer since 2010 I purchased one of the original Garrett pro pointers i believe they came out the same year, i have never had an issue with it at all it has always worked fantastically and is still working to this day, and i have beat the !!!! out of it.

I have decided I want a new pin pointer but will keep the original Garrett as a backup the pin pointer I am thinking about is the 2in1 Nokta/Macro Pulse dive would like opinions from those that have had and used the Nokta/Macro pulse dive units would like the good the bad and all opinions

Thanks for reading

Really depends on what detector you are using
Some pinpointer do like certain detectors

That N/M Pulse dive is more of s water pinpointer than land very large

I have the garrett carrot and the nokta macro pinpointer that is designed to wear an accessory coil. I do not have the coil so mine only functions as a pinpointer.

I MUCH prefer the garrett. It is smaller, lighter and easier to carry. The buttons on the nokta are stiff and hard to push. If i only had one it would be the garrett.

I used the Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35 and Fisher F-Pulse extensively. They all worked well for me, but I ended up settling on the F-Pulse due to AA battery use and better sensitivity with good "closing range" (aka: ratcheting).

In other words, my F-Pulse on medium sensitivity had the same sensitivity range as my Garrett Carrot on high sensitivity. Yet it "bottomed out" (gave a solid tone no matter how much closer you got to the target) at the equivalent distance as the Carrot on medium sensitivity.

I used the Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35 and Fisher F-Pulse extensively. They all worked well for me, but I ended up settling on the F-Pulse due to AA battery use and better sensitivity with good "closing range" (aka: ratcheting).

In other words, my F-Pulse on medium sensitivity had the same sensitivity range as my Garrett Carrot on high sensitivity. Yet it "bottomed out" (gave a solid tone no matter how much closer you got to the target) at the equivalent distance as the Carrot on medium sensitivity.

"Gimme an F"! I love my F-pulse.
I always run it hot.

Did they fix the falseing issues the F Pulse had when they came out also the locking up issues
I have thought about getting the F Pulse but some of the issues they had worries me

Yes, those problems (from about 2-3 years ago) have been fixed.

I just bought a new XP MI-6 to go with the deus II on order.
But I really liked the Whites Pin Pointer the best so far.

I just bought a new XP MI-6 to go with the deus II on order.
But I really liked the Whites Pin Pointer the best so far.

If you're referring to the TRX, you're not alone. The problem is finding one for less then $200.

I've used the Sunray probes since I started detecting and was worried when I got the nox that I would miss the dx-1 probe. I decided on the F-pulse. While I do wish I still had target ID on my pinpointer as it would save some time chasing nails on the edge of the hole, I am very impressed with the f-pulse and usually don't feel handicapped with the lack of id. Definitely worth the savings in weight and extra cable hanging off the detector.

I have the garrett carrot and the nokta macro pinpointer that is designed to wear an accessory coil. I do not have the coil so mine only functions as a pinpointer.

I MUCH prefer the garrett. It is smaller, lighter and easier to carry. The buttons on the nokta are stiff and hard to push. If i only had one it would be the garrett.

Agreed! The Garrett AT Pointer is still the best out! Best vibration, best sensitivity, and best overall feel. We have fewer issues with that one over any of them. It's my daily user! Plus is waterproof to 20 feet and the others are mainly 10.

Back
Top Bottom